Rain, Rain, Go Away... (Useless Rambling)

This journalist doesn't feel like he's going anywhere, thus shall remain a wannabe for now. It's raining drizzly outside, the office is quiet and I don't have the slightest clue where they are (maybe they're on course or something... offshore perhaps?). So I'm alone here in the office and left to my own devices. Monday. Sigh. I'm like Garfield, I think. When I was young, I always compared myself like Garfield, fat, hates Mondays and cute. Not! So, where was I...

I have spent the last hour, reading blogs... To kill my time. Is that what you are paid for?! Well, I'm kindda on my downtime moment here. The only thing that is keeping me awake is pungent odour from my coffee mug. I must admit, that I shouldn't have been reading and even writing this on my office time, but please give me this much to get myself geared up for the weekdays to come.

--logged off--

Actually, this is my second session of attempt to finish this blog. I had to go away this morning, only to realise that I have a prelimenary meeting scheduled, but the guy I am suppose to have this meeting didn't show up. I made a few phone calls later to realised that he was called offshore urgently. So later, this afternoon, I will have to face the music with another meeting to give him with very little updates. I will have to put on my thinking cap on and organise the meeting without the preliminary meeting, as if, that was the way I scheduled it. But I think I'll manage. By the way, it has stopped raining, and the sun is up.

During my weekend, I had a lot of fun, I bumped into my college friends and my brother at Gadong Properties FoodZone. It has been a while since I last talked to both of them, not at the same time though. It was more just a small talk with my old college buddies, and a really long session of deliberations with my brother. It's the usual, updates from home. I've been away from home for quite sometime now, it's because me and my family have a long standing silent altercation with each other. It's like no matter what I do, I'm always the bad guy, even with the best intentions. (*mental note: Digressing... Stop it*)

So anyway, --logged off--

Leave me alone would you already! Okey this is my third attempt to finish this blog and the time has just turned 4pm. Good god, will I ever finish this. Oh well, I suppose, bad timing to finish my blog, the meeting was due and had to face the music, indeed it went in a sweet tune, but nevertheless, a lot needs to be done. Well, not my part for the moment at least. I have to do some digging for the next week or so. Boooring.... Actually, I'm quite an efficient guy, well, I like to think I am anyway, sometimes I put off things because I can finish them in less in a day. I remembered my big boss came to me at closing of business to ask me to do something really urgent... (which is of a lengttttthhhhhhhyyyy process *note lengthy!*) and as soon as he finished telling me, I told him "eerrrr it's actually done... Did it during lunch?". He was ever so pleased to hear that. Also I remembered my colleagues were busy updating their spreadsheets (of the similar format as mine) and they were still busy tapping away, and I was there asking who wants to join me for breakfast. I think, and this is based on assumption, that some of my colleagues think that I don't do much at work, sometimes they see me on the internet, on the phone or even on my iPod, singing my heart out (yes, in the office), when in fact, my work is actually done. At one point, I think my boss thinks I'm slacking off. So for a while now, I've been pretended to work. When in actual fact, I'm just typing bit by bit on a word document ... (think of weekend, type, think what to eat, type, thinking what I am typing, type... very slow process this is...)

I am also a touch typist. Thus, when I type, I kindda like annoy my other office colleagues, with my endless tapping (someone should invent a silent keyboard). There I am tapping away, when they have to pause to see what keys they are typing on... (*mental note: You're rambling...*)

So anyway, I could never finish this entry from the looks of it. (*Note: you will notice my favourite phase althroughout this blog "So anyway..."*) So I better stop now and continue next time... Until then, this wannabe is still a wannabe. Darn!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises