Am I trippin'?

KL.  Check.  Bangkok.  Check.

I will be on a trip.  Away from all of this, when I come back onshore.  I need a break.  I need a relaxation, thus this shall be my getaway.

It will be my first time traveling to KL using a budget airline.  Obviously I'm going on a budget.  I'm building a home too soon, so must cut cost down as much as possible.  And my tickets to Bangkok too has been booked, not on a budget airline, purely because there isn't a budget airline route there.  

It's daunting somehow.  I don't know why.  This trip feels a little different than I'm used to.  Somehow.  But I'm excited at the same time.  Mixed emotions, I must say.  It also has been a while since I last went to KL.  I suppose it's almost two years ago.  Oh, I'm also going to Kemaman, Terengganu to Aidee's hometown.  We'll be spending a few days in KL too.  Aidee has been raving about Kenyir Lake, the largest lake in West Malaysia.  He said he hasn't been there for almost ten years, despite living quite close to the area.  I suppose, it all happens to us, that we don't venture the area closest to us, because obviously at the back of our mind, it's nearby and could visit anytime we wanted, right?  It will also be a great time for me to practise my photography skills.  I'd have to bring my laptop along with me so that I could download the pictures, thus freeing up my camera's memory card.  

As for Bangkok, well, the dates shall remain hidden for a while because, I'm keeping it a surprise.  But I'll be keeping you posted, rest assured.  Bangkok is my hometown.  It's heaven on earth.  Capital of Sin.  And I love it.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, spare me the sermon, but it has been a year since I last went, thus being a good boy.  But I suppose you're right (I know what you're thinking, a man of my calibre, with his new found freedom), rest assure, fun shall have their limits, of course.  And I'll be going off galavanting with my buddy, Billy.  Founding father of Heaven to me.  LOL.  

It isn't just about the heavenly sins that I can do in Bangkok, it's also heaven for retail therapy.  I'm not going to shop till I drop, I'm just going there to unwind, perhaps to seek for the silver lining of my break up.  Although I must admit, it still looks bleak to me at the current moment.  I can already imagine myself sitting at Starbuck, drinking my cafe latte and watching jaded or shopping people passing by, hauling their purchases and looking proud.  The thing I miss most about Bangkok is Thai people.  They are genuinely the softest speaking people on the earth.  The squabbles or quarrels doesn't even sound like one.  They are often kind and unimaginably courteous.  Of course, to tourists they should, but even so, their soft and gentle manner sometimes makes me melt like butter.  I'm a nice guy, and I easily give in, so that means I always tend to lose when I haggle the street markets.  I know, my strengths are also my weaknesses.  

Watching movies at Siam Paragon is another favourite past time to do at most nights.  Standing up for their song for their King before the movie.  And their King eh, what's up with that?  They adore him like a god.  Well, it's something I kindda envy though.  Their love for their king, just shines.  Every Monday, the streets will be filled with yellow coloured polo t-shirts and embroided with "Long Live the King" or something like that.  

Wow, I could talk about Bangkok forever.  How about KL?  Well, KL's alright, I suppose, there's shopping malls here and there, but since Aidee is going to guide me throughout my trip, I'm in safe hands.  I'm more excited about going to Terengganu rather than KL itself.  Everyone loves an excursion every now and again, don't we?  So anyway, I better get back to bed.  Oh, by the way, nothing much happened to me today.  Except we're missing Kafi at the moment.  That bastard has gone back onshore.  We, in this sense, are Aidee and me.  Tonight we 'skype'd with Kafi, and he's such a character.  So anyway, yes, bed.  Must get some shut eyes soon...

Until then, C'est la vie!   You know you love me... XOXO... (couldn't help it! LOL)

Comments

threeyou said…
hey. that sounds fun. just what you need - a getaway.
m going to KL too in a few weeks time. not for a holiday though.. but m still excited about that for some reasons. heh.

nevertheless, have fun. =D

you know you love me, xoxo.
comment girl.

HAHAHA. perasan. =p
-Tina.
Anonymous said…
Comment Girl, hehehe, I'm going on the 15th - 24th, perhaps we could meet up... hehehe
Anonymous said…
wah. long holiday!
but m only gonna be there in kl sometime in january. hrm you know what? maybe you could post up the highlights of your trip in your blog.. something for me to look forward to in kl. =)
Anonymous said…
In January? That's going to be a while. Okay, will take pictures for ya... Yeah, I'm planning to have a long getaway, there's nothing waiting me on Brunei shores. :( so a getaway is all I need...
Anonymous said…
Haha. It tickles me how this blog commenting becomes our medium of communication? Heh. This feels like random chatting.. weird.

And well. Unlike you, KL is not really my getaway.. but anyway, thats too far ahead.
My getaway is soon. And that is. Brunei. =D

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises