A Long Holiday

Brunei is having an extended holiday, because of the Royal Brunei Armed Forces Anniversary which falls on every 31st May and coincidentally falling on the weekend, thus an extended weekend. Most people take this chance to go abroad or enjoying an extended family time together.

However it is not the same as what's going on with me. Despite the long weekend, I will be going offshore to relief my colleague. It will be quite difficult this time round because it has been a while since I last went offshore, but I take this opportunity, to do some work.

(logged off) - written on Sunday (31st May 2009)

Again, without fail, I logged off, because I got distracted with other things, and here I am still onshore. There are a reason for this. Last night I left bandar to sleep over at my "brother's" place in KB. Before that I was running a few errands and buying some stuff to bring offshore. I had dinner with "E" and then went back home because I forgot to bring my toe-covered-slippers/flip-flops. My nephew who is 9, asked me about the vanilla ice cream that I promised him. He asked for it, and I told him, I'll do that when I come back offshore. He doesn't understand me, because he thought that I will be working at night, he asked when will I come back. I thought about it again, and it would be unfair to make a kid wait for one whole week for an ice cream. So I brought him to the nearest fast food and bought 5 ice cream sundaes (one for me, of course) and brought him back home.

I finally made my way to KB, with a quick pit stop at my parents, because I have been hanging on to this exfoliating sponge for my sister for two weeks. And every time we met, I always forget to hand it over to her. So I have decided to ensure that this two exfoliating sponge got delivered. My quick pit stop turned into an hour and a half visit to my parents. I enjoyed talking to my mum and dad, and I thought that I should visit them often. But somehow, being in that house feels painful. It screams heartache. So I excuse myself about half an hour to midnight because I don't want my 'brother' to stay up late. There was a road block, on my way to his home, I got asked by the police what I was doing that late. I told them the truth. And continued my way. My 'brother' and I stayed up late talking and catching up with work and life stories. We retired at 2 am.

My flight was 5.45 am. I woke up at 5.45 am. As you can probably presume, I was late. I showered and got ready, and I missed my flight, so I booked myself in the afternoon flight. I was told it was 5 pm flight, and by procedure, I was to check in 30 minutes before flight. I came 40 minutes early. But the gate was closed. They say I was late! NO!!! They were early! They said that the chopper is coming already to pick passengers up. And there is no way for me to check in.

So I will get an earful from my bosses tomorrow. Well, on my defense, I did what was necessary, but I was ill informed about my flight that afternoon, if I had to be blamed, I shouldn't be late on my first flight. So I admit it was my mistake. I thought I could sleep late and wake up early because I slept all day long on Sunday. There was a water cut at home, so I couldn't shower, so all I did was sleep the whole day. Water supply resume early evening on Sunday...

So anyway, here I am still, at my "brother's" place in KB. Thinking what am I going to do tomorrow... Oh well... Shit happens, right? Until then, take good care of yourself, don't be late for any flights and Ciao!

Comments

Mirda Ahmad said…
Making time for family is essential. Set aside the hurt and forgive all the time. Life is short, do not dwell too much on the past. Appreciate today and always have time for family no matter how hard it is at times... setiap individu menghadapi masalah dan cabaran tersendiri dan kadangkala mendorong mereka untuk mengambil tindakan yang mungkin boleh melukai orang yang disayangi walaupun disedari tapi tidak pernah disenghajakan.

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises