Don Du Dis, Don Du Dad

Hilarious but annoying! We couldn't help but laugh when we heard a song on radio. We heard Bruneians (obviously) trying to rap. There were nothing wrong with the grammar, but the way they (the artists) pronounce it (with a really blunt malay local accent). It was really annoying.

Imagine saying this in malay: "Hilariyus bat anoiying! Wi kuden hep bat lap wen wi herd a song on raydio." Do you get my point?

Don't take me wrong, I'm very pro-national towards our Bruneian Music Industry. I truly support them. But seriously, "don du dis, don du dad"? What was that all about? I know, we're Bruneian and should be proud of our culture bla... bla... bla... But pronouncing english badly. Might as well don't start. It's just wrong. I personally feel embarrased somehow, just listening to it. But too good to laugh at... It's just plain wrong...

It was indeed hilarious! We laughed our head off with that rap song. But seriously! I mean seriously, if one would want to rap, please master the english language first. That doesn't mean just on paper, but pronounciation too. I would be really really (you won't believe how really) proud I would be to listen to a proper rap song. Crawl before you walk, walk before you run. In fact, if need to, I'll volunteer to train. Yes, I don't just criticise. I'm the kind of person who is willing to help, when possible, when needed.

Anyway, I wish luck on those guys going to make it in their music industry. They're gonna need a lot of it! Seriously! It's a tough crowd... I tell ya!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises