What do I deserve?

This will be a rarity for this blog and it is totally unprofessional as a Journalist. Consider this second post of the day as a way for my need to vent out, I have a high urge to rant.



Last Wednesday at work, was our performance appraisal for the year. Apparently, from a reliable source, I am not doing well this year, despite my promotion early of last quarter this year.

Apparently, my performance is based on my punctuality. Not my work. Okay, I know, I know that punctuality comes in par and part criteria of performance but, seriously, if coming to work early is the main criteria for me to succeed at work. Fuck it. I'll sleep in the office if I have to. That is totally unfair.

My promotion this year is a sign of something that has gone right on my part. My work always done on time. My contribution is very high. My productivity in the office, MAGNIFICENT. My finance report updates in the system is always in tip top shape. But it seems that all he sees is me coming in late.

Some of my colleagues come very early, attended meetings early, everyday. But apparently to some (again) reliable sources they don't do much. They just show up. Are they're being appraised (I don't really know) better than me? But I have proof that my work is immaculate. Seriously, I'm not bragging, but it is the real truth and fact.



I'm now a little demotivated about it. My boss doesn't really see my potential, he only sees me at face (literally) value. I'm sad and angry at the same time. I suppose I don't need to fret too much, because I do also realise that half is my fault. I know, I get the same pay as some of my colleagues and they still come in time. But, seriously, my punctuality shouldn't be a main recognition for my performance appraisal. I suppose I should be redha with what I have. Perhaps a punishment for my punctuality problem. I suppose I deserve that.


But consider this, punctuality should be part of my appraisal. Not a main criteria of my performance. My work, the quality and quantity of my work should be the main imperative of my appraisal. Its ironic that the word appraisal was used, when only your impairment was the only thing judged on the table.


Till then, rant over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises