Work Force Generation Gap


Call me old fashion. Traditional. Kolot.


As I observed there's a new trend or trait in our new workforce, Some people may not notice that the new workforce are segregated. Or they are segregating us out. What do you mean? Well, from what I have observed and experienced the new grads or newly graduated (Degree, Diploma and what-have-you-not qualifications) are 'proud'. Which sometimes can be easily misintreprated as 'arrogant' or 'snobbish'. Dorang-dorang tah ganya...


They work, talk and mingle with only other grads. At times disregard the existence of their own colleagues. Pah! You're just jealous! Or maybe your age is showing? Well, I have conferred this matter with my other colleagues and friends, and the outcomes are the same.


Is there a gap between Generation X (70's) and the MTV Generation (80's)?


I remembered when I started working that I have always felt I am part of the team, no age differences, we're all the same as colleagues. Nothing superior nor inferior. An Equal. In fact, personally, I felt humble most of the time. Socially and professionally. But now, the new grads enters the workforce superior 'feeling' than that of their colleagues. Maybe that is just an misintepratation of behaviour, but it is quite apparent that there is a segregation in that process.


Maybe, just maybe, I am a little narrow minded. And just maybe, my observations and experiences are an isolated case. That's when you tell me, perhaps, I am wrong.


Tell me what is in your mind...

Comments

KaYoY said…
It's not just in your department or company experienced this.
Mine is even worst. They don't even have the intention to seek for advice or guidance. Hey! we are experience workers, through experience we are considered to be the best among the best. Seek our advice to become better not show your less than a year working duration as the best than there are from us.
We work as a team, be that way.
And believe me, if you say something about this to them, they won't listen instead accusing us for being superior. I tried and it ain't good.
Good day!
Anonymous said…
You write very well.

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises