Serve You Good!

Last night, amongst friends who are civil servants in various government departments were talking about the civil service (perkhidmatan awam). There were some movement on the way to improve the civil service in this country. I assume this is below standards or just on par with the standards, considering this move to upgrade the civil service.

You can consider me an outsider to the civil service as I am not apart of it. And as someone outside this loop, I don't see the whole point of it. See, majority of the working population of Brunei are civil servants, so wouldn't it make sense to serve other people in their job, just the way they themselves like to be treated. One civil servants is a client to the other civil servants. So why can't we have a decent civil servants services?

We often hear bad experience at governmental offices, by the way the public are being treat. If you look it in my way, the public ARE civil servants! (By this, saying the majority of the public) My friend also asked talked about ICT (Information Communication Technology) emphasised by the government. He told us that we're at least 10 years behind on that, when the world is already updated. E-Government? Any updates?

We're so well behind in the public and civil service. We're getting there, but it's really painfully slow, when by the time we reach there, we probably don't know what to do with it and by then everything will be nearly obsolete.

By this, I'm also disclaiming myself. I'm not criticising the government, nor am I looking for blame. But it's just a thought. I am a pro-Bruneian. But sometimes it is frustrating to know that we're so behind on so many things, with regards to work related. Sometimes we all wonder why? Can you tell me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises