Gearing up the Routine

I started writing this post a few days ago.  It went as far as just the heading.  I wrote the post heading on Monday as I wanted to tell you about my first day at work i.e. first day in 2010 and working back in the office. 

When I finished my offshore shift last year, I geared up my mindset to wake up early every morning and visualise a daily working day routine.  And I admit I am still trying to gear up to the routine, it's feels weird, somehow.  I have not been doing this for almost a couple of years.  And to start wearing 'real' work clothes, feels weird, it's like dejavu which I have never had.  Something like that.  Just different.

Speaking of gearing up, it has been a while since I last wore my work shirt, and guess what?  I didn't fit any of them, yes they fit nice on top but around the abdominal area, it's a problematic area.  LOL.  Only today, I found one shirt that just fits nicely.  I forgot that most of my work shirts are slim fitted shirts.  And over the last year, I've gained some weight.  But I must admit these past few weeks, I've lost quite a few.  And I'm hoping to lose some more.  Trying to fit into my old work shirts is my new target for this year.  These shirts are really nice shirts and it will be such a shame to just put it away just because they didn't fit me anymore.  I'll make them fit :)

Today is the third day at work and slowly gearing up for the workload to come.  But for the past few days, I have busy trying to clear up the things that was outstanding from 2009 and it is such a task!  What's the task you wonder? Trying to get a signature from one particular person.  She's just plain difficult and I understand why she does it, it's just that sometimes theory don't fit practicality.  She can be quite stubborn.  But I guess that's part and parcel of the job. 

Life at the moment, is very very quiet.  I have been keeping things to myself, I am practically by myself all the time except, of course, during work.  I've isolated myself purposely.  I need this time alone, and the truth is I feel lonely.  But as all things are, trying to get use to the change can be difficult at first, and hopefully, I can be happy just being on my own.  Besides driving up and back from work almost 2.5 hours per day can be quite exhausting.  I've done nothing but sleep when I got back home.  Which actually, I'm trying to avoid.  I wanted to join a gym so that I can drop by the gym before coming home, but I haven't recovered financially since November, I'm still struggling, not with making payments but I have less money to spend for leisure.

Other than that, there's not much to say, as I have told you, I'm pretty much by myself everyday.  Just me and facebook every other time, and of course, my faithful blog plus you wonderful readers... LOL...

So that's it from me for now. 

Until then...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises