Homey Feeling...

It is the weekend.  And weekend is the time when we drop down our hair, let out all the stress that was driving you nuts during the weekday.

I consider myself lucky as I have the ability to take two consecutive days as my weekend.  Saturdays and Sundays.  The majority of the population in Brunei works in the Government sectors as civil servants and they have split weekends.  Fridays and Sundays.  By which in my personal opinion, inefficient as they have two days of 'winding down' moments.

It is by experience and observation that the working community tend to 'wind down' on the last few hours of closing business (up to half a day), knowing the day after will be a weekend.  Then again, it depends on the nature of work/business, in my office particularly, things pick up pretty hectic during the last few hours of business.  The reason being, most of my colleagues, (anybody really) hate to get work phone calls during the weekend, so every loose end be tied up properly before the weekend starts.  All issues and problems offshore be properly followed up, etc.  The government sector had 'moments' this every Thursday and Saturday.  They 'wind down' twice in one week, as oppose to one, for us.  But then again, I am not generalising everyone to this attitude, it's just common amongst the working force.

Wow, talk about side tracking.  So anyway, weekend and me.  This particular weekend is the first for me in some ways.  First, I woke up at 2pm.  I suppose my body is trying to recuperate as much as it can after the first week at work.  An hour after that, I was already driving to my favourite eatery.  I have been craving for satay all week.  And today I got just that.  After stuffing my face, and greeting happy birthday one of my favourite waitress, I went to shop for toiletries which include washing powder.  Okay, this is the bit which is different or weird to me.  It had been more than a year since I do my own laundry.  I have been sending my laundry for more than a year now.  But desperate times call for desperate measures.  I've run out of undergarments, and sending them to the laundry would mean I'd have to wait for one week till I get them back.  I know by now you'd be laughing.  And I don't blame you.  So I had to do my laundry ASAP.  So this weekend was spend washing my clothes.  Well just my shorts, jeans and undergarments.  Because believe me, if I had to do all of my clothes...  It will take me all night.  Boy oh boy do I have dirty laundry or what!  And no clothes line is long enough to cater for all of them. LOL...

Feeling pathetic for myself that I had to do this in my weekend, when I am suppose to put my hair down and relax.  I got out of the house after watching two movies and one football match with my brother.  It is almost 4am and I just got out of the house 45 minutes ago.  I just wanted to get out of the house to 'have a weekend' so to speak...  DeRoyalle became my first choice as it was the only 24 hours cafe in Brunei.  So here I am... still feeling pathetic but happy that I got out.

I'm starting to like this boring life of mine, really pathetic but I'm happy.  Just ought to let you know, that I'm eavesdropping on 4 guys talking about penile erection.  Very interesting... LOL...  So that's it from me...

Until then...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises