Back From Bangkok

Warning: Before you start reading this post... This is going to be a long one...

I just came back from Bangkok, tonight and since I am a little hungry, I'm found myself eating and surfing at De Fountain at 1am. I arrived at about 8.30pm and we were exhausted as hell. We in this sense was Redz and myself.

Our Bangkok (a.k.a Heaven) trip, started of a week ago. We arrived with my brother and his wife. The main purpose of this trip was to introduce Bangkok to them. I'm not an expert or a perfect guide to Bangkok, but I know the geography of Bangkok pretty well. (Going to Bangkok 3 times every 2 months before helps). I won't dwell too much about what went on there. Our main catchphrase was "What goes on in Heaven, stays in Heaven". But there we many moments which was hilarious, stressful, and out-right ridiculous from begining to end. My brother and his wife was on a budget, and thus, we'd have to cater to their requirements. Also, my brother, is some-what childish. He does things, that were not told to. Never telling us a straight-to-the-point answer, instead he joked and joked a lot to the point of ridicule.

One moment that would forever stays scared with me was when we were at the sky train. There's a yellow border line between the train and platform. No one is to stand there when there are no trains. He asked what the line was there for and what if he crosses it. Just when I was about to say "If you want to...." A police starts blowing his whistle like mad, pointing and screamed at us from afar. Everyone on the platform stared and some frowned at us. I was mad embarrased. I wished I died! It was so embarrassing.

He also kept asking childish questions why their king's picture was posted everywhere. After repeated answering him that Thais LOVE their king, ADORE their king. He still kept asking the same question over and over again.

At one point, he wanted all four of us to squeeze in a tuk-tuk with all our purchases because he just wanted to save 100Baht which equate approximately to B$4.50! I have to praise Redz that he maintained his composure througout the trip with my brother. My brother was, I'm sad to say brought his typical 'Bruneian Behaviour' to Bangkok.

The fifth day of the Heaven trip, my brother left for home. Free at last? No, I fell sick. I was feverish yet still try to enjoy the 2 days left in Bangkok. At least my 'annoying' brother was gone. Redz was trying hard to enjoy the trip, and I tried my best to not feel or look sick. On the last day, I felt much better, thanks to Redz attentive hands that made me felt good. BUT... then... Redz fell sick! So we retire again, after all it was our last day, so we just packed and left the hotel.

When we went to check our luggage in, some commotion was going about. Royal Brunei Airlines (RBA) overbooked (not really, RBA changed aircraft to a smaller one). So we were given a choice to delay our flight (hotel and food provided plus expenses paid)... We went for it. This could be a sign for us to make ammends to our 'lost' time. We also gained two friends. Adib and Helman. They kept us company throughout the time. Adib, a very talkative guy, even that is an understatement... He didn't stop talking. Infact we can still hear him in our heads... But he's friendly attitude was fun. Although it did cross our mind, when will he ever shut up. But he's a good guy and meant well and we appreciate his company. Helman was different. He's the quiet type. But not the shy type. He talks when he's spoken to.

I checked our luggaged to the left luggage and we brought our toilettries and extra change of clothes for the night. We checked in Alexander Hotel at RamKamheng area, close by the airport, which is in the middle of no where. Later we found out that RamKamheng area is a muslim area and muslim (halal) food is abound. We walked around the area, which was a change from the real hustle and bustle of Bangkok, we were at the outskirts of Bangkok. There were not many tourist and we felt out of place. But we looked like two thai men anyway. So we weren't bothered as much. Adib and Helman later told us that they were looking for us, but we left quite early and forgot to bring them along. That night, since Redz is recovering well, we took a taxi to go to Silom to get back that real Bangkok experience. By midnight, Redz fever came back again and we went back to the hotel. I thought the concierge was kidding when they told us it took an hour to get to Bangkok. We should have listen. It did took an hour!

Before we retired back to bed, Redz was hungry, and I was peckish. So we ordered some food, ate it and retired at 3am at last. The next day, just when I just finished showering. Adib was knocking at the door. I answered and we talked and chatted as I got ready and pack my stuff. At about 12pm, we were already downstairs having lunch which was provided for. We waited for transport. At 2pm, we were at the Suvarnabumi International Airport, ready to check-in our luggage. Again the same thing happened. 10 pax needs to be denied access because it was overbooked again. We took up the offer again, but was denied because we already had the extra night. Darn it!

At the corner of my eye, I saw someone familiar. She is a relative... My Aunt! So I came up to her and talked to her. She was also on the way back home but she looked distraught. She needs an extra 11,000 Baht to pay her excess baggage. They were in a group, but not enough to cover their luggage quota. So after all the commotion of trying to get them into our minimal luggage quota... We found out that they have already checked-in their luggage and unable to get into our quota. So *ka-ching* I had to make a withdrawal to cover the extra cash required to pay their excess baggage. Our one night stay payment was out of the window... My friend had to give up our allowances to help her... She's family... But why can this happen? Didn't they plan for their excessive buggage, they were 164kg over excess baggage on top of their quota! But anyway, my aunt promise to pay me on Sunday. She says she'll pay tomorrow, but I didn't need to demand too much of her. Let her calm everything down and settle in for the weekend.

So at 5pm we took off as schedule. There are a lot of things that happened after that, but I guess you're bored reading this much now, so I'll continue next time and I promise to add lots of pictures... Until then, hope you're not bored reading this... Adios!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises