Happy Day

I have been back to onshore since Tuesday  I came back home to found out that my mobile phone was not working, it just wouldn't turn on.  At first I thought my phone's battery was dead, but upon charging, there was even no indication that the phone was charging.  Feeling deprived of 'communication', I sent the phone to be repaired.  I thought it was either my charger was faulty, or perhaps the battery.  But the technician had a look and it was neither of them, it was the phone.

The technician told me if the software was malfunctioning, it would only take a day, but if it was the hardware, it would take about couple of weeks.  It dawn on me, that if it takes a couple of weeks, I can't live like that...  So I did something truly stupid.  I bought a new phone.  It was an impulse buy.  But nevertheless very very therapeutic.  So what gadget did I buy myself this time?  It's an LG KD900 better known as LG Crystal.  It has the first and only see-through keypad and it is such an awesome thing to hold.  I bought the phone using online on QQeStore, the saleslady (whom I'm very familiar with), asked what type of phone am I interested in.  I said, "three things, one, it has a touchscreen, because everybody seems to be on it, and I do feel jealous and envious, secondly, no windows mobile, I hate their lag, so it must be  a symbian OS, and iphone is just damn expensive for me.  Lastly, it also owns a keypad.  So that I can SMS while driving (Note: Don't deny it, you do it too!!!).  She scanned in her head... and said, "Ahh, yes, LG Crystal!!!"






I heard about it, I've seen pictures of it, but once I had it in my hands, there was no turning back.  I just fell in love with it, instantly.  The technology in this phone is just amazing.  I've had LG mobile phones before.  The LG KS20 which is the first Windows Mobile for LG mobile phones and the LG Viewty which is rated the best camera phone at one point in 2007.  I sold both of them because when Windows mobile although has it's advantages suffers from serious lag problems.  And I let go of the Viewty, because a friend wanted to buy his girlfriend a new phone (but in the end, he used it instead and gave his phone to his girlfriend, but it's good to know they're married last week).  So I'm back with LG with an S-Class OS which is unique to LG.  And it's such a wonderful gadget to have, it's animation is top class, I do admit.

So anyway, yeah, this new phone that I had just bought, is definitely a good one.  Some setbacks though, the review for the camera although it is an 8 megapixel camera was bad.  If you want to know more about this phone please click here.  So happy with my therapeutic purchase, and as soon as I inserted my SIM card into it and turned it on,  I had a lot of text messages coming in, and one text message was from my relative/estate broker.  She said the lawyers have been trying to get in touch with me but my phone was unreachable.  So I called my relative/estate broker, and she explained everything to me, then I called the lawyers and they explained latest updates to me.  Not long after that, we booked an appointment for Wednesday at 2pm with the lawyers.  When we got there, the lawyer who was in charged, double booked us, but his assistant, was very helpful with us, she gave us all the neccessary forms and asks us to come back at 4pm.  She said if we wanted to get the matter settled, we will need to settle everything on that day itself because the lawyer in charged of my estate case will be taking leave for a full week the next day.  She asked if the landowner could come as well, so everything can be signed and the deal sealed on that day.  It was a mad rush and we were lucky that the landowner was living quite close by to where the lawyers office are.

So at 4pm we reconvene to the lawyers office as stated with all our forms and necessary documents all ready photocopied.  And we had our meeting, basically what happened was the lawyer needs to explain everything that we signed.  The lawyer was adorable, adorable in this sense is that, this particular lawyer who is malay, had difficulty in explaining in his own language.  That's because later, I've learnt that he spend most of his life in the UK growing up and practising law.  So he spoke in a very standard malay and the way he explained it was more or less described as adorable.  He was explaining it to the landowner who is a lady.  But anyway, adorable as he was trying hard to explain, he does carry a charismatic personality and especially when he was talking to me in english, because he was aware that I speak english fluently.

So everything is signed and I am a step closer to own my own property.  Well, not entirely, as the property will be assigned as collateral to the bank as well until I make full payment of my mortgage loan.  So with everything settle, I'm really psych about it..  Oh by the way one thing I've not told you, the same day, I got a call from the phone shop.  My phone have been repaired.  And erm, yes, I have one extra mobile phone...  Anybody interested? Selling it off for $400 ono. Market price now at $500+.  Bought it when it was $695.  The phone model is a cybershot phone by SonyEricsson C905.  Bought it in May this year.  Just in case, drop me a shout in in my shoutmix or email me. Anyway, I feel tired now, and I think it is time for me to have a good night sleep.  Until then...

Comments

Queen of Aces said…
Heyyyyy you (^,

Now this post of yours got me smiling widely, hun... Kinda reminds me of me & my crazy retail therapy every time I hit rock bottom with my "Love" Life, haha... Got me laughing too when you got yourself the LG, good on ya! XD I guess big girls don't cry but they do retail therapy best, alrightey.. (", My latest retail therapy for the past few days has been for my photo shoot wardrobes, hun... And you wouldn't believe just how many of them I've gotten myself with - feels like once I've started and liking how they look on me, I kept on 'wanting' to buy more ah, ish ish ishhhh... There are gonna be 2 wardrobe changing sessions for me since they wanna do me inside & outside of my Hideout's place so yeah, 1 wardrobe of dresses & 1 wardrobe of turtlenecks & loose pants (",

Anyways, why I even bother bout leaving you a comment here is that the things that you said bout the Lawyer kinda caught my attention (^, Adorable & charismatic, eyyy??? Hehe, would he match his linguistic politeness with mine? *laughs* With my standard Malay & fluent English & being adorable & charismatic too? Heheheheeee!!! *Come on, I was supposed to be in this same job too, remember? (^^,)* Did my "A" Levels to become one but in the end, I bailed out in the name of guilty conscience of the job's morality... *sighs*... (",

So, hope to see & hear from you soon enough on our vacation trip, yea? Take good care of that Heart of yours for now, mon cher...
M Ahmad said…
Pleased to note that you are into happy mode now.
Keep up the momentum. But please do watch your steps so as not to trip on any upturned stones
as you were wandering aimlessly through the smooth landing. Make a lot of friends, meet new people and explore new skills (getting a new phone was also not bad ;P )...
The LG Crystal looked really good... I used to have LG (I lost my KU990 and replaced it a KF700). I dreamt of the iPhone... but the price it too much so I got an iPod touch instead.... you are right, anything with touch screen technology should be an interesting gadget.
Anonymous said…
Thanks Satire, yeah retail therapy does help, but not for the wallet... for us guys, that would be buying gadgets... but for you guys, I guess that would be something that makes you look good, looking forwards to our outing... :)

Maria, yeah, I used to be a gadget freak, and my friend once penalise me for my update of gadgets as away of how easy I get bored with things... he's right in some ways actually. Yeah, I do love the iphone as well, but it's just so pricey. Also it lacks certain things I look, lack of customisation is the major setback for iphones. KU990 is Viewty right... that was a great phone... :)

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises