Offshore Relief

I am offshore again. Okay, there have been some confusion by my own words, I know I have said that I had my last trip. But this time, I am offshore as a relief for my colleague who is away for a two day course onshore. Since his back-to-back isn't back in Brunei yet, so I have to relief him for the next four days.

Actually I didn't want to make this trip happen. I was trying as much to avoid it but it is inevitable that I have to replace my colleague which had taken over my position. So what's up with me lately? A lot. First on the list is that, all of my contact numbers in my phone, I repeat, ALL of my contact numbers in my phone is gone. Yesterday my phone was severely lagged and I couldn't reach no one with my phone, text messages that I sent were not sent (which later I've learnt). So what did I do? I reset my phone as new, only aware that I haven't saved my contacts in the SIM card. Stupid silly me. I guess, I was really upset with the phone that I forgot the most important data in my phone. So for those who knows my number, please send me a text or call me, because I don't have yours, I need your number. But after the reset, my phone is good as new. I guess, it's time to buy a new phone eh?

As for my crush, I'm trying to deal with it. I'm trying to do this in the most cowardly way possible? Any ideas? Well, by text message or by phone. Yes, I guess when I am not facing "C" I guess I can speak normally. But I'm still contemplating over it if I should be a man and confront. I have decided to confront, why? Because I don't want to grow old thinking of what could have been, when I could have, but decided not to, because I am too drawn into my emotions and thinking.

Coming back to my phone, I missed my niece's birthday because of it. I was quite busy entertaining Aiedee, which is much planned from the beginning, and so I am okay with that, but I also made a date at the same time, when I agreed to the date, I forgot that Aiedee is in my schedule. So I've decided to cancel it, I've tried calling to no avail, so I texted my date. Thinking my phone had sent it... When I've just parked my car at home to relax and freshen up, I received a text message that my date had already arrived at the rendezvous point and will order dinner whilst waiting for me. I was shocked... And that was the reason why I was yelling to myself and cursing my phone, ending me to master resetting the phone. The date wasn't actually a date. It was more of a clarification. This date has something to do with my ex. But I don't want to talk about that.

Later that Saturday night, I met up with Aiedee and a facebook friend, Imah. But from the looks of it, all of us were feeling tired to the bone. I spent the whole day with Aiedee, window shopping at The Mall. I sent Aiedee to the Empire Hotel and Country Club because he had a room reserved for him for his Company's Annual Dinner. When we was at The Mall, there was a PC fair, and we came across a company that sells sound system for the PC. I thought it would be nice if I could plug my iPod, something for my room, but I didn't. After dropping Aiedee off to the hotel and I was about to drive back home, I changed my mind and I've decided to buy one, since it was very affordable. Since I was at The Mall, I thought also of having a manicure. My fingernails was abnormally long. I didn't go to the usual salon that I always go, my manicurist was on annual leave back to her home country. So I went to Essential Hair and Nail Spa. It was quite good, although it was a little expensive, but I'd rather pay $22 for a manicure and pedicure rather than the other nail spa that charges a freaking $28 for the same treatment. At the usual salon that I go, only charges me $13. I know that I could have given myself some time and some nail clippers and save myself some money. But I guess only those who go for a manicure and pedicure knows why we do those. Personally for me, it's worth it. The cost of Vanity is what I always say to myself. My facial is also overdue, and I will be doing that next weekend.

Actually, I'm sad to be offshore, because I know this will be the last trip for a very long time. I might go offshore as a relief again, but it won't be the same. I'm going to miss the guys here. I know some of you are wondering why I am here. So I think, it is time to come 'clean'. I am here as a CSR (Company Site Representative) for BSP (Brunei Shell Petroleum). I have 22 guys under me (I used to have almost 30 guys working for me). I am here to verify and monitor the work that have been plan for my team. I have a lot of responsibilities here, to which I am not going to bore you with. I have to keep track of their progress and ensure that they work safely and effectively. The work scopes that were planned for my team are mostly asset integrity work. My team have been mobilised here to finish work that was left over from previous year campaigns. So what are campaigns?

Campaign is a term used for operational shutdown. It is basically a time window to do maintenance or repair work on the facilities that by time have worn and torn especially here offshore where the environment are very corrosive. We are here, of course, to ensure hydrocarbon is being delivered after all. And hydrocarbon is the main source for this nation. So, shutdowns should be planned properly and execute as what was planned. But like the saying "The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray". So all the work scopes that were not executed, will be done by my team.

We were called "The Dream Team", as referred like the top NBA players playing basketball against other nation. We are the top team that will finish what work that was left by the campaigns. Eventually, the Dream Team were misconstrued as a 'sleeping' team. After making our significant mark and contribution to the Major campaign last year. We were renamed as "AIR Team" ("Asset Integrity Restoration Team"). Basically, the statement there was, we were no longer a "dream". The 'dream' had come true. I was the one who gave this name. This team is my legacy. This team is my child. This team is my true mark of success. But does anybody in my outfit recognise this? Nope. Instead, they've demobilised me, and make me sit on a desk job. But I guess, I should be thankful that I still have a job. So there you go. A little more about me.

So anyway, I've rambled quite an amount now. So I shall leave you to that. It is ironic that I update my blog often when I am offshore. I could have updated my blog onshore, except that, recently my mobile broadband decided not to work for some reason. I guess, I have a life onshore than I do here. But then again, I will keep you posted. Wish me luck with my crush. Until then, take good care of yourself and Ciao.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises