Delayed Responses

My shift offshore this time, is as per my last post, walking in the plains.  I'm easing up on the work, and finally caught my rhythm.  So I managed to catch up with a lot of things plus a couple of confusing surprises in the interim.

Oh before I digress any further, speaking of surprises, I would love to send a dedication of this post to my best friend in the whole wide world, Billy, because it is his birthday today (19th December).  Billy, if I am onshore, you'd know that I would always be there for you and I really hate to be away on the day when you were born.  My thoughts are with you.  All the best and enjoy your day.

Alright, dedication over.  Where was I, oh yes, work.  Work seems to be in it's rhythmic pace, as an engine running smoothly after accelerating to a certain velocity.  And now it is at cruising speed.  Okay, I'm going to bitch (or whatever you can call it), but during this shift, I have found out that a lot of fishy things have been going on and managed it put a stop to it, it's a few things that I just couldn't tolerate.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm good at doing what I do, I'm just doing to what makes sense, but it seems that my colleagues (subordinates) are bypassing a lot of procedures and using shortcuts in their paper work.  Thus, that was why I was really stressed out previously.  I wanted to scold them, but they are not here.  And biting the heads off my guys here, is pointless, because they came almost at the same time as the time I arrived or even later than I did, so they were clueless as well.  So I managed to clean their mess up.

These guys working offshore are really great guys, but sometimes, and applicable to certain people, they can just stray away and taking shortcuts.  Today, I scolded one of my guys who was sick but did not informed anyone.  But the thing is, they didn't sent anyone to check his room if he is alright or not.  So those are the occasional surprises.  Other than that, they follow all my instructions.  Here, I'm sort of a conductor of an orchestra, waving my baton and they play their tune.  Some has to conduct this team, otherwise everyone will just play out of tune.  Figuratively speaking.

My life has been compressed to wake up - work - breakfast - work - lunch - work - hi tea - work - meeting - work - run - watch some tv - sleep routine.  With Facebooking at different intervals.  Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I consciously decided to run again, although just on the treadmill, for me it is good enough, and boy oh boy, my performance has significantly declined drastically.  I used to run 10-11km in an hour, but now, the furthest distance I've managed was only a measly 7.1km in an hour.    I blame my weight gain and my smoking to be the main cause.

Actually, I have significantly reduced my smoking, not because of I wanted to, but I had only brought 3 packs of cigarette with me to offshore.  Reason was, I'm broke.  Yes, you read me right.  I'm that broke, that I can't even buy myself cigarettes.  That's because all of my funds in the bank, both my current and savings all went to the pay the lawyers to enable the drawdown for the money to pay the landlady, as previously mention in my past posts.  I'm waiting for payday, and I've given my ATM card to my brother to buy me groceries after payday.  Pathetic isn't it?  But for me, its one of those months that people go through, sometimes...

I am yawning about more than ten times already while writing this post.  I am severely tired actually.  I'm worried about SA at the moment, no, sit back, chill out, nothing happened!  LOL!  SA is really really sick at the moment, and I feel so helpless that I couldn't be there for SA.  We've been out of contact recently because SA had to travel to KL to accompany a friend, SA was sick before going to KL and SA only returned today, and the flu had gotten worse.  I miss SA.  My thoughts and prayers are for SA at the moment.  Gawd... I'm depressed now.

But anyway, I've got to cut my post short for now, because I'm at the point of sleeping on this laptop.  And please spare my grammar and spelling mistakes.... I'm not up to it, I'll post edit when I have time.  Alright, take care, be free...

Post Edited... on 20th December 1223hrs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises