Stomach flu

First and foremost, consider this as a week's worth of blog entries, hence it is going to be a long one. So be prepared for some reading for your enjoyment.

The reason that I have been offline for quite a while was because I have been down with a stomach flu. I don't know what is wrong with my stomach, the doctors don't even know too. And feel helpless about it. Although various theories have been made to conclude my condition.

Maybe it is gastric, maybe it is stomach ulcer of some kind, maybe it is viral infection, maybe just a bad case of constipation, whatever it is, I hate this. I hate being sick and feeling sick. I have lots of things at work too. WAITING!

It all started on Saturday evening when I complained to Redz that my stomach is aching a little. He suggested that I visit the gents but I harshly replied to him that it's my stomach that was aching, not that I wanted to 'go'. We then went to look for anime DVDs and told him, I really needed to 'go'. But it wasn't as 'explosive' as I felt it would be. That night we went out to our favourite couple Ed and El's home to play our weekly board game. And it just so happen that night was a 'Digital' Monopoly night. I retired early and sold off my assets. That night, I slipped out and tried to 'go' and puke. Nothing. But my stomach was aching like mad.

I tried to compose a cool face when inside my stomach was aching badly. We went home and retired to bed. I complained to Redz that it is so painful. He went to a late night shop and got me some antacid and balm. My stomach at this point was bloating like a balloon.

On Sunday, the pain was still there. I was aching all day and night. My good friend G-Man, who is also a doctor came by and made a quick house call. When he came back with the meds, I couldn't hold it anymore. It was so painful that I cried in front of my friend, Kayoy. Luckily he was very accomodating to my pain. By this time I was already in A&E at the hospital. I couldn't help myself but cry in what I felt the most excrutiating stomach pain I have ever had. In fact at want point, I prayed to Mighty Allah, just let me die. It was THAT painful.

We came back home that night after refusing being admitted into a ward. Because, like it or not, I don't have anyone to attend me in the hospital. I, afterall, have no family but my friends to count on. I settled down after they injected painkillers to my bum which took effect quickly and I slept like a baby. (I secretly want it again).

Monday morning, I was woken up by Redz getting ready for work. I couldn't remember much after what happened the night before as I dozed off or unaware of my surroundings because of the meds they injected me. Redz reminded me of an ultrasound that I am supposed to go. Kayoy (who had to leave work to accompany me) and G-Man (a doctor on-leave) accompanied me to the ultrasound. From my blood test, to my urine sample, to my ultrasound, I am normal. Nothing is wrong with me. So I thought to myself, what the hell is wrong with me?!! I am not making this thing up!

Tuesday, I felt a little better, my stomach pain was almost gone, but I still feel that my stomach is bloated, and a sharp pain in the middle of my chest. Classic case of Gastric. But I've never had gastric before! Go figure! The meds (that G-Man waited at the Pharmacy for one bleeding painful hour) from that night helped a lot to ease my pain.

Wednesday, a throbbing headache, all day long. I just can't stand it. I texted G-Man again for help. Then I thought to myself, I've troubled him enough. So I just let my throbbing pain do what ever is left of me and let it be.

Thursday, that's today. I am due for work. My boss texted me the day before asking if I am coming for work. And did I prepare any slides for the workshop that I am supposed to attend. I thought, "Are you kidding me?" But I gave all I can. I did all I can. I couldn't stand my headache, my shifting fever and my come-and-go stomach pain and chest pain. So I excuse myself and went home, after nearly everybody say I should go home. And home I am.

There's plenty of things that went on that I didn't have time to write here. But all I can say, is now, thanks to Mighty Allah, and made me realise that I have a family of my own. My friends ARE MY FAMILY. They're with me through the pain and helped me when I needed them most. A special thanks to G-Man who became a doctor when he was not supposed to, Kayoy for taking the time to lend a shoulder to cry on and accompany me at my weakest and vulnerable and Redz, for being there for me, ALWAYS. I will forever be in debt by your kindness. For the rest of my new found family, I'm sorry for spoiling your 'Juara Lagu' night. I am also in debt by your patience. Thank you family. I love you all to death.

I will write more on my thoughts and feelings as a post-mortem for all the dramas that had happened. Till then. Adios. *cough*

p/s: I am living on my last carton of cigarette. I am quitting. Cold turkey! Wish me luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises