Declined

Tonight will be a long night. I promised my brother to watch the Champions League Finals between his favourite football team, Manchester United against Barcelona. I support Arsenal who only made it to the semi. And it was Man U who kicked Arsenal out of the finals. So if I had any reason to watch tonight's game, it's to see Man U lose. Sorry Man U fans.

So I was hoping to take leave off work tomorrow, but before I even had the intentions to fill in the form, my colleague told me that their offshore trip was cancelled and instead they will have a video conference meeting instead. And specifically they wanted to discuss about the project I am handling. And I have to be there at HQ by 9 a.m. Which sucks!

...logged off...

It seems that I can't even commit my time to write up my blog... something's always bound to happen. As per previous paragraphs, MU lost, a smile crept of my very very tired face when Barca scored the first goal. I did went out with my brother. I didn't stay for the second half. But there was a story behind that... That afternoon, my brother texted me because he wanted to wear his Arsenal shirt which he borrowed to me, to play football with his friends. Unforturnately, his Arsenal shirt was still at the laundry shop. So I specifically told him to take his Arsenal shirt only from the laundrette. But instead he picked everything up. I specifically told him to pick his shirt only, because I have no place to put my clothes (I did send a lot of clothes to the laundrette a few weeks ago... A LOT!). When Aiedee and I arrived home, there it was. On my bed. Everything.

Aiedee and I went out that night and we didn't return home because we might as well stay late until the first half of the game. When we returned home that night, feeling very tired, very sleepy with a humongus migraine. I had to find a place to sort my clothes. After almost half hour, it was done. And I was left with only one shirt to hang. As soon as I hang that in the cupboard. Crack! Boom! Everything that was hung in my closet fell.. The load was too much for my skimpy pole in the closet... I had to re-arrange everything... and by this time, it was almost more than an hour after we arrived. I finally went to sleep at 5a.m. And it is no surprise that I didn't go to work that day, I woke up late. Not 8a.m late, not 9a.m. late, not 12 midday late, but 2p.m late. I woke up with Aiedee stuffling his giggle... "Tak keje ke hari ni?" (translation: "Not working today?"... I just looked at the alarm clock and turned the other way as he laughed out loud.

Aiedee went back to KL that evening, it was a little sad to see him go, and perhaps this will be his last visit to Brunei as my Material Coordinator (I hope to see him when he visit). But I'm sure that we will still be good friends from time to time. But now, today is my last day in the office for more than a week. Next week, offshore. For the whole week. So perhaps, you'd see me updating my blog more often then. So until then, I've got to go... It's Friday and it's prayer time... Until then, take care and Ciao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises