Restful

After work yesterday, I was actually planning to meet my friend for a 'roti john' break. But there seem to be an accident somewhere, and queues of cars were ridiculously long. I took me two hours to get home.

I was exhausted to the max, the accident and the queues of car wasn't quite just the reason I was tired. I had a really good and long weekend. And I told myself it is time to retire for the day. A quick text to my friend and told him that I couldn't make it. The first thing I did when I arrived in my room was to change into my t-shirt and shorts, lock the door and turn of the lights. I didn't even bother to shower, I was THAT exhausted.

I slept at 7pm and woke up at 3am only to realise the time, and I continued sleeping until it was time to wake up. I woke up at 6.01am to the wonderful sound of the Brunei's National Anthem and Surah Al-Fatihah on the radio clock. I woke up with a smile. And believe me, that's a rare occasion! Perhaps this is the first ever time I am happy to wake up in the morning this year. I went straight to have my shower, I know in just a few minutes the bathroom will be occupied from quarter to six to half past seven. Besides, not that I stink, but I feel icky...

In the midst of writing this post, I've changed my song in this blog, it's now 'You Can' by David Archuleta. I downloaded this song a few weeks ago, just because it was available online and I was thinking of buying the album, and downloaded it merely to give myself a preview of what is available in the album. I have been thinking of buying the album, so I guess it will be just a matter of time till I could find time to the music store. This song is dedicated to my 'new' love. When I listen to this song, I know this is the feeling that I fell at the moment. Although I must admit this is not the first time I felt about someone like this. I felt like this with the longest relationship that I had. We had so many wonderful time together. And my ex, did manage to make me fall in love. And it was wonderful. But that's gone now... I'm with my 'new' love now. (Please note: there's an apostrophe in the new, so it's not new... just yet, it's just the beginning of something - it might not be love at all... I don't know, "I don't want to jinx it", it's been good so far, so I'm quite happy now, I don't know, I'm ambivalent, remember?)

I'm thankful for some comments and words of encouragement from my fellow readers recently who have given me hope and strength through the bad times that I have been through. I guess by your words of encouragement and prayers, I have found some inner peace. And importantly I'm thankful to Allah who have given me peace that I deserve.

I am writing this blog during lunch time and slowly my colleagues are returning from their lunch with friends or family. I'm not having mine, I had a late brunch with my colleagues at the famous 'Tudung Saji' in Kuala Belait. Besides, I'm trying to lose weight, I'm developing a second chin LOL and it doesn't look good on me. LOL. So it's time to do something about it. Work, in case you're wondering, still sucks and but the workload is still low, but I spy with my little eye, the workload is going to increase with time. My departmental move at the moment is still on hold, because I'm eyeing on a different position. I am hoping to go back to do Project Engineering. I miss the hustle and bustle of pushing people around, controlling budget and what-not. Like I said to my colleagues this morning, I want to be on the giving end, not the recieving end as I am right now. In my department, we're are the frontline of recieving project, plan them and execute them (and that sound not as simple as it sounds). I'm getting bored of that... especially after not being appreciated by my bosses...

Okay, I'm suddenly sounding like complaining, so before I get myself ahead than I already am, I'll leave you to that, until then, take good care of yourself and Ciao!

Comments

Anonymous said…
wah you now have time to usai ur pitnas. running to dangdut songs. hehehehe

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises