Taking It Easy...

Yesterday was quite a busy day for me, four meetings in a day, I only attended three of them, because one was conflicting with another. Fortunately enough, each meeting was a quick one, not more than a hour each but nevertheless, it was a good way forward for the projects I am handling. But needless to say, it was utterly and mind numbingly boring.

Something my 'new' love said to me last night made me toss and turn before finally going to sleep on my bed. (I'm going to give this 'new' love of mine a representative letter/acronym: "E"). 'E' said to me, that the commitment, loyalty and faithfulness towards this 'relationship' will be shown and words just could not even describe it. 'E' also told me that if anybody comes in between this relationship, 'E' would fight for it, and heads will roll, "hopefully it won't be your head", 'E' continued.

I am starting to feel good about this 'new' relationship/friendship we're embarking, I have never been in a relationship where the other half fights for the relationship. Most of the time, my relationship goes sour when one cheats (that's usually me and I'm not proud of it) and the other half cheats too in retaliation or sometimes changes the rules in the relationship (this might be of a more relaxed approached towards the relationship or getting more strict in controlling each other's behaviour). But no one have ever said, if someone comes in between, I will fight for it.

(Or perhaps someone in my past relationship did, but I don't remember it, or was done behind my knowledge - this is my disclaimer, in case my memory decides to fail me).

The good thing about embarking this relationship is that, we're taking it slow and based on my past mistakes, we're very cautious to how we approach this relationship. And it's all good so far. Despite the fact that my best friend anticipated that this relationship to end in a month's time. I know some of you would ask, why would my best friend anticipate such a thing. The answer to that is because he's my best friend, and I love his blunt and painful truth and he's entitled to do so. It is not an easy thing to do. To tell someone the truth. The pure naked truth. Truth that hurts you badly, a smack slap on your face kind of truth. And that is what I love about my best friend. He's the string that pulls me back when he sees me heading for a head-on collision, or the I-told-you-so, before 'I-told-you-so' happens or the smack on the head or the wake-up call. You know what I mean.

Some people take this 'reminder' as sarcasm, jealousy or other negative intent which I can't think of at the moment as the time shows 9.01a.m. Because I am late for the workshop which is two minutes walk from here... So I shall continue that after the workshop... Be right back...

(...logged off...)

I'm back from the mind numbingly workshop and it is lunch hour. During the workshop, food was served and I had quite an appetite. So anyway, back to what I was saying, the sometimes the blunt truth can be easily misconstrued to be an ill intent. But not for my best friend, but with his reminder, I am sure that I can easily prove to him that he is wrong about this 'new' relationship we're having. And I don't even have to put effort of making things work. The weird thing is, this 'new' relationship that I am having is quite unique from all the past relationship that I had. This one seems to happen without much effort. And I can foresee that this thing that we're are having will last quite a long time, and not necessarily as lovers. Maybe as friends.

There are times when I ask myself, have I ever made someone as happy as 'E' does without much effort. And I ask myself, why do people fall in love with me so easily. Okay, before you think I am full of myself, if you know me, I am not that good looking (but on my defence, I'm not ugly either), I'm not romantic, I don't have a clean sheet track record with respect to relationship-wise and I'm childish and stubborn. My ex once said to me, people fall in love with me easily. Which up until now is still a mystery. I'm not a nice guy (really!), and all my exes would be of an agreement with that statement, yet I question myself why. 'E' told me it's the way I treat people. I guess, I treat people like how I wanted to be treated as. Which are the basic treatments of what I expect to have been given to me, honesty, respect and kindness. In which this are the contribution that everyone makes, is it not? Or are the attributes of that kind rare nowadays?

I'm ranting, aren't I? I guess, my head is quite a messed up place. But at the moment, rather than thinking to myself, why, I told myself instead why not. And as long as I am able, I'd give my love who is willingly to accept it the way it is and the way I am. I am thankful and consider myself lucky at the moment to be able to appreciate life as it is. I hope you are the same too... I've run out of things to say, thus I shall leave you with that, until then take care of yourself and Ciao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises