Slipped my Mind

I wanted to tell you two major incidents that had happened to me and I failed to record this in my blog.

On Wednesday, last week during my on leave from work, I hung out with my friend at this particular restaurant (if you do wanted to know what restaurant it is, email me, because I'm not going to defame nobody or no one with my blog, but a clue to it, is that, it's en route to Beribi from Kiulap). I used to go there with my ex, and we share a lot of happy memories there.

It has been a while since I last went there, in fear that I would meet my ex (fear of the awkwardness that it can cause), so I went there, fully aware that my ex would be most likely be working or having a siesta after work. So there I was, enjoying the subtle heat of the afternoon, in company of my friend and going online, all at the same time. I was also enjoying my Tea 'C' Special (also known as Three Layer Tea; brown liquid sugar, milk and tea).

And when I was about to finish it... sucking the last juice of it... I saw something shimmering. At first I thought it was the ice, but this 'ice' sank. It doesn't float... So I kept the rest of the drink in my mouth as I played around with this 'ice' with my straw, trying to figure out what it is exactly. And I pointed it out to my friend about this ice, as if looking for a confirmation of what I think of it. Then my friend exclaimed, "KACA TU EH!" (rough translation, "THAT'S GLASS!"). And when we pulled it out, it was glass! My friend was quite pissed off about it. I was quite calm about it... I threw what was left in my mouth into the drain not far from where we were seated. He was really angry about it, called the waitress out and told her what just had happened. The waitress spoke in a calm manner and apologised. But I had to ask my friend to calm down. I had the drink and I can't do anything about it, the restaurant should consider themselves lucky to have a customer like me. Some customer wouldn't have let that go that easy.

All we get out of that, was we didn't need to pay for the drink. But as I am concerned, I'm never going there ever again! We blacklisted the restaurant and named it "Restaurant Kaca" ("Glass Restaurant"). I thought to myself, I was lucky that I was drinking a cold drink and I was using a straw. What if it was a hot drink and I had to pour it to my mouth, would I have swollen a piece of glass? A thought to ponder....

On Sunday, another incident also involves a restaurant. But this time it was a different restaurant and got nothing to do with restaurant (what am I on about, eh? LOL). Anyway, after having a good meal at the restaurant, also with the same friend, I backed up my car, whilst looking at the side and middle mirror making sure I don't hit anything. My friend sitting on the passenger side also looked over his shoulder to see if there anything behind the car. Then, all of a sudden, the car jerked and a loud bang was heard.

I hit a Lexus. Damn.... My bumper curved all in and the Lexus looked untouched, (later we found out that the Lexus's bumper was misaligned because of it, and I had to pay for it... damn!). I apologise profusely to the lady owner who was a little mad at me for a while until I gave all of my details, but I kept apologising. But there's a lady at her company, looking also annoyed with me. Suddenly she said to me "Minta maaf, minta maaf jua! Tapi kalau rusak mau jua bayar!" (Rough translation: I know you're sorry, but if anything is broken, you would still need to pay!"). I looked at her wondering why is she more annoyed than the already calm Lexus lady owner. I said that I am sorry that I've cause inconvenience to them, and I am apologising for it, not because I don't want to pay for any cost incurred by my mistake. The Lexus lady owner then said it was okay and asked me to calm down.

We went on our way after that, still a little shaken up. And there goes $350 for my mistake... As for my bumper, thank god for technology, my bumper only had a few scratches, and the bumper is 'self healing'. The plastic bumper went back to it's original shape after my friend assisted in pushing it back out. Cool huh?! There's only some minor scratches here and there. The only thing that show my car has been hit, was it was missing a letter "P".

I re-attached the letter "P" a couple of days ago. And that was a funny story. Well, being the childish guy that I am, I went to Seria after work and asked the lady "I wanna pee" and she looked at me smiling and replied in a Filipino accent "Sorry sir, there's no toilet here". I laughed because she fell into the trap (I know it's lame!). I pointed out to my car and made a gesture letter 'P" with my hands... We both laughed.

So that was it... Two major incident that slipped my mind. I hope yours would be incident free... Until then, that's it from me, take care and Ciao! Lunch time is over! Back to work...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises