Back to Normality

After the height of our one minute worth of fame, now it's back to my day job and everything in between... As everything else calms down, it's back to the grind stone in the office. Many, many things to update, to pick up, to send, engineering packages here and there, issues to be disccused and resolved. So for the last couple of days, I have been just doing work. Yesterday, was a productive day, and I treated my colleagues with Pizza at the end of the working day.

As usual, they ask my age, some over shoot when guessing, and some under estimate my age... So taking the average... I just look like another 30 year old bloke. I don't know why, but I have been taking this turning into 30 a big deal. Most of people would say, it's just a number, or young at heart, etc, etc... But I suppose I am coming to a realisation that I am undoubtably an adult and have to take on more responsibility and all the packages that comes with age... Also, they also ask when am I getting married? Is age a pre-requisite of marriage?

I think I shouldn't be over dramatic about my exit from my twenties. Yeah, I shouldn't. But it does freak me out...

So anyway, normality of my life... Yesterday was a long day, I woke up at 0445 because our car pool journey starts really early, to make time for my car pool mate for his early day. This is one of the things that car poolers have to endure. I don't mind waking up early though, in fact, I like it, I came early to work, to my boss's pleasure, I start work earlier, thus more break for me later the day... I love it! But at the end of day, it does blow me out... Unless there is a netball game, ahh, that work out will re-energise my 'chakra'. But unfortunately, since this week's outlook will look pretty wet, netball was cancelled. So today, fingers crossed, weather permits, we shall play! (Post-Edit: Darn, no netball today)

Work was productive, oh by the way, Suze who once worked for the Ministry of Finance now work here. Oh she's lovely... I love her... So I went for her first lunch. I felt bad for using my car pool mate's car for lunch, when I use his car, I rarely go for lunch because of guilt (besides, I can just cross over the road for a really good lunch), to make myself feel better, I treated the car with lunch fuel... te-he... The afternoon went very fast...

Today was the usual, woke up early but not as early, just the norm, and we used my car this time... My car did the 'Shakira' althoughout the journey. My rented car is not a good one. The engine's tuning is too low, the brake pads are almost gone, one of the wheels only have 4 nuts on them, the airconditioning doesn't work on the front part of the car, the tyres are not balanced due to hard braking (when I have to). It is just a car full of problems, but outside it looks good. The car is like me I suppose. Looks good, but a full of problems inside...

I am suppose to send it to the tyre shop to get it un-'Shakira'-ised during lunch. But this morning meeting and this afternoon meeting again, has stopped me from doing so. I am trying to write this blog since this morning and now it is 3pm. You won't believe how much I had to drop this post a few times in between. To my readers, you might think that this is one written post... It consist of at least 5 tries. Besides, I am writing this down at work, so work does is a priority . Oh by the way, starting tomorrow, I will be only be able to write my blog in office, this is because that my laptop has a buyer. So I will be laptopless for a while or maybe I won't be buying one at all, it all depends for my need for information... I am think of a new laptop... Any sugggestion? And no, no more Vista for me... It is way too slow for my patience. Sources have told me that the first service pack for Vista will be out in April/May 2008 and hopefully it will be a little faster as XP. But that time can only tell and prove its reliance...

So anyway... I think I better stop now, it is 7 minutes to 4pm... Goodness me, interruptus supremo today... Till then, Adios Amigos and Amigas...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises