Offshore Galore

Apologies for my absence in writing my blog for my avid readers. Right now, to maximise the happenings of my life, I'd have to resort to writing long and longer blogs rather than short ones because this is the only few times that I can get online. This is again going to be a long post again. And apologise if it is any inconvenience.

Many things have happened in this week. I broke a sincere and honest heart. I went for a day trip offshore, met my favourite friends in KB and met up with my favourite couple, Sue and Jays, and had a karaoke session with my housemate to end the weekend.

First and foremost, I broke a heart. A.J. was someone I met more than a year ago. But we couldn't be together because I was still with my ex. When I broke up with my ex, we happen to cross paths again, and things flew... I gave A.J. plenty of subtle warnings that the relationship that I am embarking could be a rebound. But, A.J. was adamant to continue the relationship. It was too quick, it was too fast, my deep emotional wound takes time to heal and A.J. was too quick to jump on the opportunity to be together. So I had to break this honest and sincere heart. It was too much, too quick, too fast for my faint heart.

On Friday, went offshore again. I was exhausted, physically, emotionally and mentally. Me and my two trainees went offshore without knowing the purpose of the trip. I merely joined in to make sure I didn't miss anything important, as I will be again be offshore this Wednesday for 10 nights. Thus again, I will not be able to update this blog for a little while. So tired and sleepy because we were checking in quite early at Anduki Airport and I didn't have time to even have a coffee before take off. Before I knew it, my friend/'brother' Sulaiman was boarding the Sikorsky S92. He happened to go offshore to ensure that work on the project is nicely executing. I got an earlier trip than the rest of my colleague. So I just joined Sulaiman and retreat to a nice corner of a room/office and rest my eyes there, while I wait for the rest of my group to reach the platform. After a while, it was the morning break time. I woke up by Sulaiman and invited me for some coffee break. I gladly obliged. It was a coffee long overdue.

When I reached the mess room, my colleagues were already there, stuffing their some-what tired faces. We then gathered and tried to book a boat to go to one of our vessels. In a short time, we were on that vessel, afraid of feeling sea sick, I refuse to enter the vessel, but instead enjoyed a series of nicotine puffs. But it was noon and I had no where to run from the sun rays. So I had to enter the office and accommodation. One of my trainee, Billy hinted with his eyebrows, to find a place to lay our head. And a quick search, we found a room. I took the upper bunker and he took the lower bunker. We ended up talking about girls and relationships and what-have-you-not. It was hilarious with Billy. He comes up with really vulgar jokes which can be quite offensive, but instead it's funny. Maybe it's just me... Before we knew it... I scolded him that it was already 1pm and we haven't had any snooze yet! His friend who worked on the vessel called him out for a smoke. He scolded me back, that he would rather have a smoke, because he blamed me for making him talk for about two hours! I just laughed... Then my colleague Amin came in and shout "OHHH BED!!" and we talked for 5 minutes, and finally some rest.

20 minutes later, Billy came back in! "BOAATTT, BALIKKK!" (Translation: Boat! Going Back!). In less than three minutes, we were already on our way back to the platform. But the boat had to pick and drop few people to few locations. When we reached the platform, it was time for afternoon break. So again, we had food, and let the time flew by us whilst waiting for our flight back onshore. Again Sulaiman and I had the same flight back home. When we arrive, we decided to bring his wife for a quick post-hi tea. About 5pm, I made my way back to the city. Sulaiman thought of bringing his wife to Bandar to visit the new Giant Superstore. So I told them, that I'll wait for them.

I reached home, relaxed myself, had a ciggy and showered. As soon as I got off the shower, my phone ran and Sue was on the line, inviting me for dinner. But I already made plans with Sulaiman and his wife. Hmmm, since I miss Sue and Jays too, I told them I'd wait for them and bring them for dinner as well. As soon as I finished praying, a knock was heard. It was them, we went to dinner and after that, we went to Giant Superstore as planned. Sue and Jays went along to, they also didn't have the chance to see what the hype was all about.

The day didn't end there... After that, Sulaiman and his wife left back to KB. But as they were about to leave. My friends called to ask if I would like to join them. I said "Okay". And I left the house as soon as Sulaiman and wife left. I continued hanging out till 2am.

Reached home exhausted. And woke up to a bright and sunny Saturday. I woke up late at about 1pm. I cooked Indomie with baby clam... ohhh bellisimo! Got ready and I went out to check out a few things, to have my hair cut, to check out the SLR camera at QQ e-store. Yes, I am boarding the band wagon of SLRs photography. I've taken a lot of pictures with my camera phone, and I think it's my calling to become at least an 'amateur' photographer. I love taking pictures. If I post all the pictures that I have now on my blog, it will definitely different that what it is... But I am more of a man with words rather than pictures. Sometimes I see things differently. Our vision isn't as like what we see from our eyesight in comparison to a vision of a picture. As people always put it "A Picture is worth a thousand words". A picture is much more focus on the subject and the end result is always a subjective matter to be discussed or interpreted.

I saw my brother's car parked in Qiulap, so I called him up and asked him to treat me dinner. So he told me to get ready that night for dinner. That was great, I have dinner plans at last, I thought I was going to eat on my own (again). I also checked up with the shop where I am going to buy my laptop. They say in a couple of weeks time (but a maybe). Great. My day went well.

Went home and showered, changed for dinner, prayed and texted my brother that I was ready, we went to Food Zone @ Gadong Properties and watched Akademi Fantasia. Then joined my friends to have coffee at Gadong. A night well spent. Retired again. A long needed rest.

The next day, woke up at 1pm, and hung out with my housemate as he was cleaning/showering the cats. He only managed to do 2 cats, and took a break and fell asleep on the sofa. I joined in. I woke up to realise the bed was much better than the sofa. So I slept until 5pm to be woken up by the sound of hairdryer outside my room. Which I was thankful because I haven't prayed yet. I invited my housemate to join me for 'soto' at the famous 'Jalan Bedil Soto Tinis'. Came back home for karaoke. It was great, a great end to my weekend.

My life has been quite a roller coaster. Right now, life is bearable. I'm glad. I'm happy. Thanks.

Until then, Adios Amigos and Amigas... Sorry for the long post...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises