Good Guy, Bad Guy

I found this article about being a good guy and I can't help but posting it here.


The game it is referring to was once a game I played during a course. I came out on the top, winning the most, because I manage to fool my way with the other coursemates to get the most money. In fact, we played for real. At the end of the game, I earned about $120. But of course, I returned the money back to everyone.

The game was, to convince the chip (coin) that I am holding is a blue chip in my hand. If both me and my opponent agree that we both have the same colour chip and prove it, we would both earn a dollar. But if I told them i.e. lie to them, that the chip is blue but chip is actually a red chip, I would earn ten dollars. I manage to convince almost all of the participants that I am holding a blue chip, when in fact I was holding a red chip all the time. And everybody fell for it.

I am definitely not a good guy. I'm quite nasty. Instead I think I should say I can be nasty. But I always play the good guy card early. Right now at this moment in time, I am doing that. But I know, that I am just fooling myself. I will, in the end, wind up losing everything... Because right now, I feel I am playing the bad guy card. Confusing? Yes, me too... It's all too complicated...

I want to redeem myself. This is what that has been running in my mind at the moment. How to be a good guy, when in fact, I'm not, no matter how much I try. Then again... I'm trying, and I will keep on trying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises