Kemaman Still...

Day Two in Kemaman...  It has been a great day...

Tomorrow's agenda, well be going to Kuala Terengganu, the main city in Terengganu, Malaysia.  I will be looking for Batik fabrics to bring back home, to sell and as gifts.  Terengganu is so famous for their top class batiks.  So what did I do today?

I woke up pretty late, at 9a.m and Aiedee stopped by while I got ready.  We went for breakfast at the first established Kopitiam (Cafe) in Kemaman, and the food was delicious.  It is one of the oldest kopitiam in Terengganu and what I love the most besides the food, (we had nasi lemak, two half boiled eggs and 2 buns each) is that the cafe still holds the classic old kopitiam, and it shows character and age of the establishment.  It's really nice.

After that, we went to a salon, Aiedee needs a haircut, while I sat there updating myself about Malaysian artists reading 'Media Hiburan' ('Entertainment Media') magazine.  Not long after that, we went to the Fabrication yard in Kemaman called Kemaman Supply Base, and it is huge.  Five times bigger that the one nearby our office, it even has two phase, one phase specifically for loading out and another phase for fabrication purposes.  Kemaman is a growing oil town...  Almost 60% of the work force now, works in oil and gas industry.  We had lunch with Aiedee's ex colleagues.  Aiedee worked with them before he came to work in Brunei, and he brought them to catch up with them...  

Aiedee sent me back to the hotel to refresh ourselves, while he went to pick his wife up from work.  At about 4pm, Aiedee picked me up and his wife at home and we went to a 'Petronas' mall, called Mesra Mall at Kerteh.  It is huge, but still new, only half of the shops open, but at least I had my starbucks drink finally.  It used to be my ritual to start and end our holiday with a cup of coffee at starbucks...  But I suppose, I need to stop looking back to the old stuff, try new stuff and change my habits...  It is not that I want to, but I had to.

So anyway, we went to McD after that, and I had a big mac... and that went down really well, I'm still full and it is midnight...  Aiedee sent me back to the hotel and at about 9pm we went to Cherating.  Cherating is famous for it's beautiful beach and night life.  But since it is Monday night, most of the cafes and bars are close.  Not long after that, Aiedee called up his good friend, and picked him up and went for a hangout at a cafe which sits beside a river.  It is also Kemaman's Kayak Club...  apparently we could rent kayaks...

Today I took lots of pictures... I will upload them... as soon as I get time to upload them, resize them... 

So anyway, I better go to bed now, tomorrow will be a long day, a long drive to Kuala Terengganu, and many things to buy and see...  A full day ahead...  So must have plenty of rest...

I'm so enjoying my trip, if only Aiedee knew... (He thinks I'm bored...)  I am totally coming here again.... for another retreat...  I will rent a chalet one of these day...

Until then... Ciao' baby!

Comments

Anonymous said…
yo Kellaz! Hope you have a gr8 time there, you sound you do. Ampiti pls (as in i will pay) d kain batik terangganu, even one wld do. I wld be eternally grateful. Sini mahal x ah. K have fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises