Kuala Terengganu Trip

It takes two hours to arrive Kuala Terengganu, the main city for Terengganu State from Kemaman

We were expected to leave Kemaman at about 8a.m. but we both were exhausted and overslept.  Aiedee came by at 9a.m. and we made our way.  Terengganu is a very very scenic place, there are always plenty of things to see.  We passed by Kemanting, Paka, Dungun Town, and more villages before we reached Kuala Terengganu.  Kemanting and Paka is a Petronas Town, so to speak, it's an oil town.  Kemanting a big village by it self, has it's own mall, which I mention yesterday.  Paka is the equivalent of Seria Town in Brunei, the crude and gas from offshore arrives at Paka.  I have quite a number of pictures of the oil and gas terminal.  We stopped by after driving for an hour plus at a small 'warung' (foodstall).  The break was quite a welcome for us both.  We passed by a few stretches of beaches.  And before returning, we stopped there.  The beaches are absolutely stunning.  It is clean, and windy and ahh, I suppose only pictures can only describe them, but it was a pity, I didn't take my camera out, because my fingers were oily.  We had barbecued corn cobs and it was delicious!  Hey, I'm getting a head of myself...

So where was I, yes, we passed the beaches and finally we arrived in the city.  The main city in Terengganu.  Kuala Terengganu.  But before arriving at the city, we stopped by at the world renowned batik and songket maker.  Noor Arfa Batik Centre.  They had batiks and songket fabrics that goes from RM200 up to an astounding RM20,000.  But of course, the price is justifiable to the quality and uniqueness of the fabric.  After that, we went directly to the place where they sell a lot of batik fabrics.  And there were so many of them, I didn't know what to chose, I wanted them all, but I didn't have enough cash with me.  Only a few of the shops accept credit cards.  This Terengganu trip will not be my last.  I shall come here with a vengeance, with pocket full of cash.  

Continued on the 22nd November..

I didn't finish my Terengganu trip diary, and to be honest, a lot of the things that have happened and I have forgotten them, it is not that there are not memorable, but over the course of these few days, a lot of things have happened and there's a lot of things that needs remembering and mentioning...

However, I am in KL now for the past two nights, we have been staying at this budget hotel in Kampung Baru in KL.  It's such a budget hotel, but then again, it is very very clean, I suppose this budget hotel doesn't even own any star class, but it is very clean.  To give you how this hotel is like, the door grills are locked at midnight, there is not reception at the hotel, only a lady who seems to live at the ground floor, no lifts, no nothing, just beds, toilet, a wardrobe and mirror and a TV which does not show Astro Channels.  But with all in mind, as simple as it sounds, it is very clean and I'm happy as it is.  Besides, this hotel is just a place for me to turn in and shower, nothing more than that.  

So what am I going to do in KL.  First and foremost, I'm looking for lenses for my camera.  I think I have enough budget for me to get started with a macro fixed lens and a standard zoom lens, I am still surfing for the right lens for me.  There are a lot of choice, and now considering taking in third party lenses like Sigma or Tamron.  But rest assured, I must be coming home with at least a lens for my camera.  

With regards to the batik, word of advice to those who is interested in buying batiks in Terengganu, is to bring cash with you.  I didn't bring much cash with me, thus my purchases are rather quite limited.  Thus, I shall come back to Terengganu in the near future.

Last night, I met up with Zarul.  Oh boy, how nice it was to see him again.  I forgot how much kind and comforting he can be.  It was like we never grew apart.  He told me he kept track of me by reading my blog, and in actual fact, there are times that I ran out of things to update to him.  He asked a few personal question in relation to my recent breakup.  He thought it was a sad thing as me and YKW as we fit perfectly together.  But we both think that, if something couldn't be helped, it could be saved any further.  I especially agree on that...  Ok enough about my breakup, I'm on freaking holiday!  Right?  So anyway he brought me to Hartamas where there's a lot of expats living in the area and ate at Soul-ed Out.  It was a nice hangout place.  Nice ambience and nice food.  After that, we met up with Joe, his housemate, it was again nice to see Joe again.  Somehow, Joe's face looks like someone familiar, he looks like my second cousin.  He looks good.  Hey Joe, if you're reading this, remember...  Chubby Oily Bruneian looking for great fun with a Malaysian!!  LOL...

So where I am right now?  Just like I planned, this is not a typical 'Bruneian-going-to-KL-(or-wherever)-to-go-shopping' trip.  It is a trip of 'wherever, whenever' (a bit of a Shakira theme going on), is that I just go with the flow to everywhere, anywhere at anytime.  No problem for me.  So right now, I am at Aiedee's friend's house, because it was planned earlier before even we left Kemaman that his friend require Aiedee to help him do some DIY on his 6-foot long salt water aquarium.  So that is what he is doing right now, and I'm left to my own devices with a laptop and a PSP.  Some would think, what's the point?  

I could be sitting at home with a laptop and a PSP in Brunei.  Well, perhaps some people think differently when it comes to vacation or holidays.  See, I'm not really on vacation or holiday.  I am on a break.  A break from routine is one of them, a break from offshore of course, a break from Brunei and most importantly a break from my life.  My life sucks, so anything else from my life in Brunei should not suck.  Remember, I said, my life in Brunei sucks, not Brunei sucks...

I'm not going out with Zarul today as he is attending a cousin's wedding today, and if there is some time, we will be going out again on Sunday.  Aiedee wanted to go to Genting Highlands , then after some rethinking, he thought he didn't want to risk missing my flight home on Monday, so we might as well stay in KL for a while.

So far, this trip has a few conclusion.  This trip is full of absolutely delicious malaysian dishes.  I think I have gained at least 2-3kgs.  Aiedee shows me a lot of really nice places to eat.  Aiedee is a 'warung' (foodstall) guy not the 'restaurant' guy.  Most foodstall cook homemade dishes, plain and simple, but the taste... if only I could put food on the blog for you to lick...  But it is utterly delicious and scrumptious.  Another conclusion is that this trip is a personal trip, not a typical vacation.  Aiedee and I have bonded and I have got a feeling that we're going to be friends for a long long time.  He's a great guy.  He's worried about me all the time, because I say okay to everything...  He thinks that I bored, in actual fact, I am enjoying my time to anywhere and everywhere...  He's been nothing but comforting to me, and sometimes bullies me too... 

So what else is there to say eh?  I know this is a long post and I am not in the mood to spell and grammar check it.  I know it's useless ranting, but hey, it's my blog...  LOL...  So until then, Ciao baby!

Oh by the way, I'm not using my laptop, thus, I can't upload the pictures yet.  Besides, I haven't finished resizing them yet....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises