Hunky Santa & Transitions


This picture was taken from MSN.  This is especially dedicated for Babe.  We were classmates when we were in college.  And for the past few months we have been chatting a lot on MSNafter finding each other from Facebook.  A great tool that is.  Here it is, Babe, this post dedicated to you...  Way Hunky Santa finds you, and put you on his lap so you can whispers all the gifts that you ever wanted LOL.  Salivate away....

Yesterday was Christmas.  Not that I cared so much about that, but the thing is, it seems that everybody is having a barbeque everywhere.  I suppose there were extra beef steaks left from last Hari Raya AidilAdha.  But it seems that almost everybody in my Facebook are leaving post barbeque experience in their shout outs.  I feel like I've missed a major event or something.

Yesterday too was Aiedee's Birthday.  He is now *sensored* years old.  I hope he likes his gift, he's been eyeing on an iPod, so I gave him the latest 4th Generation iPod Nano for his birthday.  Some say it's a generous gift for a friend.  If you had know Aiedee, an iPod hardly is a generous gift.  He's been fantastic as a colleague and great as a friend.  When we were in Terengganu andKL, he took care of me, he made sure that I had fun all the time.  And I tell you, ensuring that I have fun (all the time), is no easy task.  Especially in Terengganu and KL.  So if Aiedee, if you're reading this "Happy Birthday Bro!"

What else is new?  You know what... (paused)

Continued 26th December evening...

Crazy.  Crazy.  Crazy.  It has been a crazy two days.  Work wise, it has been crazy.  My men are making silly silly mistakes and were being penalised by the Asset Operators.  It wasn't my day on Christmas day.  Plenty of things to do, so many in fact that I just couldn't be bothered to remember what happened that day.  The day just simply zoom by me like a F1 car passed by the grand stand.  Zoom!  I was absolutely knackered.

And today.  Crazy.  But I've got fantastic news.  And I am so ever excited.  In fact, this has got to be the most exciting day ever since I started working offshore last June.  Here it is... WE HAVE OUR OWN OFFICE!  Yes, that's right.  You might not think it is a big deal, but it is for me.  Since my arrival here offshore, I never had a room.  I had a room/office.  I always yearn for privacy.  But I never got that chance.  So here I am.  Office-free room.  I will try to post pictures of my 'new' room.  It's spacious and it's really bedroomy (if such word exist).  I suppose this is the silver lining against what happened a few weeks ago.  Some people who doesn't understand my work ethics, of my office/room situation and as a result of that, I spoke to the Big Boss for an office to finally end the malicious rumour.  So people can get off my back and my nerve once and for all.  And that happened.  I am super excited.  Now it's like killing two birds with one stone.  At the end of the day, I have a room, I have an office and best of all, the end of that bad bad rumour. Three birds!

At this moment, I am listening to an mash up artist.  Mash ups are remix type of songs, using a songs and mix it all up with another.  They mash up, up to 8-9 songs in one track.  You can hear different songs, with different music covered by another song...  The best way I could describe mash ups are like eating chicken and it tasted like bubble gum.  It's so surprising.  It makes you smile when you hear them, and you smile trying to figure out what song that will come up in that same track.  It's like opening up a gift.  The artist that I mention about is called Norwegian Recycling.  A Norwegian studying in Australia.  This guy doesn't produce any album, but he does create one, not for sale or anything like that.  I personally think he's a genius.  He mixes a soundtrack from Final Fantasy combined it with Eminem's Lose Yourself.  Can't figure it out?  I know it doesn't make sense, right?  My favourite has got to be 8 become 1.  It started out with Black Eyed Peas 'Where is the Love' to Savage Garden's 'Crash and Burn' to Maroon 5's... Oh, I've forgotten the title, and it goes on, all 8 songs in 1 and also check out How Six Song Collide.  Go check it out, he's available in Youtube's Norwegian Recycling's music videos.  

How Six Songs Collide was how I found Norwegian Recycling.  And that was how I also feel in love with Howie Day's Collide.  How Six Songs Collide ended up in my mobile when I bought my new mobile not long ago.  When I purchase the phone, the shop downloaded some MP3sinto the memory card as 'gifts'.  And when I heard How Six Song Collide, there was no turning back.  I have been listening to Norwegian Recycling for quite a while now, and only recently I found that he produced 3 albums.  He is a freaking genius.  And he's great with mixing the song names.  They're all funky titles.

Somehow, Norwegian Recycling timely arrival in my mobile was a sign to me.  That sometimes things happen out of the ordinary.  Like my break up and my new relationship.  Things just happen.  And perhaps you hate it at first, and maybe with time, we'll learn to love it.  Embracing new things, things that doesn't make sense, but still the rhythm makes sense.  The transition of one song to another seamlessly is just like life itself.  Somehow, in life's mysterious ways, it brings us to one transition to another, a new lover, a new friend, a new life, new ideas, new challenges, new surprises.  I know it maybe too much for one song.  But seriously, what are the chances of me discovering Norwegian Recycling?  This is a guy, who is still a student in Uni, mashing up songs under his own creativity, enjoying what he does, produces 3 albums that does not sell (in stores or other medias), an artist not mention in any major media,  ending up in the memory card in my mobile?  My point, exactly.  Have you ever heard of Norwegian Recycling before reading this post?

Norwegian Recycling's entrance to my life came at the right timing.  It's funny huh?  That music sometimes indirectly gives you that sense of clarity.  The transition of one song is seamless, and that's the way life should be.  Life is short in a very long journey.  I'm rambling, I suppose at this point, you guys don't understand me...  I don't blame you.  Listen to Norwegian Recycling and maybe, you'll get it...  

This post takes two days to finish.  It's been a crazy ride.  I'll be back soon to paste some pictures of my 'new' room.  Until then, take care, Ciao baby!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises