Judgement

It is so easy to judge someone purely for what they have done or how they look.  Virtually or maybe literally.

All of us know that, that isn't the case.  We cannot judge a person without seeking deeper if required for us to make a balanced judgement.  For example, from my previous post, with my current 'on-hold' relationship.  When the 'second wheel' called me up, he swore and insulted me because he thinks I am a threat to his relationship.  He screamed on the phone and ordered me to back off.  He hung up quickly.  I called him back, explained the situation, and he ended up apologising.  So there you go, there's no need to jump to conclusion, it was easy to jump into conclusion, if one is driven by their emotions.  Which is fully understandable.

There are also many instances that we are easy to judge a book by it's cover.  Because a look was all it needs, it's easy, it's lazy, just look, add a little knowledge, stigma and a typical narrow mindset.  So there you go, easy made stereotyping.   Stereotyping can be dangerous, we tend to group people at their negative characteristic and treat them as such.  We tend to forget about individuality and personality.  Another type of stereotyping is called labeling.  We label people, by skimming through a persons' personal character.  

I've been thinking about this for quite a while, out of what my ex had said to me.  But it doesn't matter what was said.  But it was so easy for my ex to come to conclusion based on emotion.  And it wasn't me that was being judge.  It's sad.  How come it is easy to dismiss someone's character and pin point just the bad ones.  Is it that we can't repent ourselves to Allah/God?  In fact, judging someone like so, makes someone so pretentiously important that God Himself.  As Allah Himself is forgiving and between humans we judge and feel superior from one another?  And it's just heartbreaking.  That when God/Allah can absolve his beings and between human we can't?  Honestly, I'm not a pious person, but will I be judge by my own peers?  Is it our place to judge someone, you, me or everybody?  But then again, is it our place to judge if I do want to be close to Allah and become pious?  Is it your place to judge?

Then again, reading a book that was borrowed by my ex (how ironic), that every insult that I receive does not make me less that what I am.  In fact I am a greater and better person with every insult.  It was kind of childish of my ex, that have insulted me, but I understand why my ex did that, I accept those insults whole heartedly.  But that doesn't make me any less of a life form.  Why do I say that every insult that you receive makes you a better person?  Because by not reacting and accepting the insult, you know that each insult is not true, and you will feel pity for the person that have insulted you.  Because to insult someone is to to lowering yourself to the lowest level of human behaviour.  So that makes you a better person by rising above the occasion.  But hey, don't insult them back, you don't want to stoop that low, now do you?

So anyway, that's my thought post for today.  I still miss that special someone.  My feelings get stronger everyday, even though I have been told to back off.  I dedicate the song "Egokah Aku" by "Wali Band" to Z.  

Until then, boys and girls, take care and Ciao baby!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises