The Last Long Haul

Hopefully, this is my last longest long haul offshore.  "Hopefully" because there might be a very small probability of this happening again, when my back-to-back return to his homeland in case of family emergencies.  

My last few days onshore was spent dreading that every hours that passed is that I am an hour closer for offshore.  And now, I am here, feeling a little low.  I have a personal reason why I am feeling low.  But I am not ready to dismiss it here in my blog, obviously because of personal reasons. (D'uh!)  

So what about it?  This offshore trip is actually supposedly to be exciting.  When I arrive offshore, I didn't arrive empty handed, I arrived with three bags full, (no, I'm not going to sing Baa Baa Blacksheep), one bag full of my clothes, utilities, cosmetics, supplements and electronic gadgets such as iPods and PSP (borrowed PSP, that is), another bag full of food, all food.. I think worth as much as $80 worth of purchase, noodles, potato chips, chocolates, easy mix coffee, wasabi coated peanuts (and they're yummy too, with the occasional tear in the eyes) and much more...  baby clams of course!  One backpack with camera and laptop inside.  So try to imagine myself walking down and up stairs to my room with three bags on my bag, one on my sholder and one in my hand.  Obviously one had has to be free, as there's a company policy that it is mandatory for everybody to hold the handrail while using the stairs all the time.  

I woke up a little late.  The day before, I called up logistics, to ask about my check in time for my flight offshore.  They told me my departure flight is at half past eight in the morning, thus I have to be there at half past seven.  Upon arrival at Anduki Airport, my name was paged, I was the last to arrive (suddenly sound like I'm on amazing race!), they told me I was supposed to be there at seven in the morning...  So my check-in was very quick and swift and before I knew it, I was already watching the video safety briefing.  And like all flights, we usually hurry up to wait.  And it was another half hour wait until the chopper arrives.  The flight was fast (I think, because I spent the whole time sleeping), a quick stop over at Champion 4, then it was our stop at Champion 7.

I arrived to a messy, untidy room/office.  Apparently there's a leaking pipe on the floor of the room and all of the files that sits on the floor are all untidily stacked in the middle of the room.  I asked what had happened, they told me about the leak on the floor.  The sight of the room just gave me a mild migraine, so I've decided to just unpack quickly and slept.  I woke up at noon.  And tried to do some work but the room/office is jumbled up crazily, I got a migraine and slept it off.

I woke up at 2pm, and stared at the underside of the upper bunker.  And heard that the construction supervisor asking for a lot of help from Aiedee.   Aiedee was a busy bee today.  He's the admin, store keeper and MatCo for our unit and he's working hard, so I kept away from him throughout the day.  

The night before I slept over my 'brother's place, since he will be driving me to the airport the next day, as my attempt of apology, I treated the whole family dinner.  It was great to hang out with them.  Oh, I forgot, the apology was because I promised them to sleep over at their home for two nights, but due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to sleep over at my own room.  Right now, I miss someone, someone so dear to me.  I feel quite sad that I won't be there for New Year.  I wish I could go home and spend New Year together.  Anyhow, I will make it up later when I come back.  I shall have a belated New Year celebration.  That's for sure.  So that's for now, I've ran out of ideas now.  Until then, signing off from day one of twenty days offshore...  Ciao Baby...!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises