Hot Day

I started the day quite early, because I promised my boss that I will be early for a site visit to the yard today.  Yard?  You may ask?  Yard is where the heart of our operations is.  I have a new project of my own, given by my boss.  I'm happy.  I'm excited with my new project.  It isn't a project as per se, but it's more or less a project.  

Many of the work that was planned but didn't fall through due to many factors will be 'cleaned up' by my team and I.  Me and my boss are working on starting up the team.  There are many things to be do, I suppose, as everything else when starting up, it will be difficult and many things to look into.  I'm happy to do these because I feel like I own something.  I suppose this will prevent me from the lacking and slacking circle.

So the visit to the Yard was...  all I can say, hot!  My brains were boiling under my helmet.  The sun was blaring.  I have  a new found respect about the guys working in the Yard.  They were working like it was just any other day.  Under my coveralls, my undershirt was wet with sweat...  I wanted to get out of the sun.  My boss even told me, "Nah, hilang handsome ku!  Hitam tarus!" (translation - "Wah, my handsome gone! Dark skin already!")  I joked back at him asking him "The question is were you handsome in the first place?".  He looked and me and mumbled something... and staring hard at me...  I laughed... and told him, "Yes, you're very handsome.  A handsome boss!"  And we both laugh out loud!

The project that I am doing is actually deferred maintenance job.  I love doing maintenance job rather than new projects, because in my view I have a great overview and control over it.  Except recently, we have someone in the organisation, which I will not mention here, who manages the work unrealistically.  He expects miracles, he expects things getting done, when in the first place we have told him that we couldn't do it.  It is ridiculous working with him sometimes.  In fact, this person and I, do not get along well.  Because I am the kind of person who talks back when ridiculed or when given a ridiculous questions...  He loves to ridicule the engineers in our department.  The rest of the engineers just nod respectfully to his request.  Where as I usually say something.  Half of the time I talk back just to piss him off for fun, to get him worked up.  But most of the time, he gets back to me.  And I ended up irritated.  Serves me right though!

And being in the Yard today, means I didn't have to attend his weekly meeting.  My colleagues did mention that he was looking for me.  But I think to this point, I have better things to do rather than him ridiculing us.  Speaking of colleagues, one of my trainee accidentally blurted out something about me.  While I was updating my excel spreadsheet, with full concentration when he said "Wow, you're really good at that, who ever said that you don't know how to work eh?"  I thought to myself, "who did say what?"  I knew it already, people have been talking behind me, but I don't mind, I don't want to think about it, and I don't want to prove anything to anyone.  I don't have to prove anything to anyone.  I'm done with that.  They can talk anything about me.  

So anyway, I think I was right.  This week will be a great week despite the bad start.  I hope you have a great week too.  Till then Adios!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises