Sunday Guilty Trip

I am at work. On Sunday. Great! Sigh!

I was woken up by my boss's text message, giving me the guilty trip. He expects me to work throughout the weekend. Which is quite difficult for me. I commute everyday, now he wants to include the weekend.

I know some people do that and I shouldn't be whine about it. But seriously. The bomb was dropped on me on Friday evening. And now I should cancel my plans all throughout the weekend? Whatever! I work to live. Not live to work. If anybody finds that difficult for them. Tough!

Yesterday, I woke up quite early, but had to do my laundry. I have clothes that I have not washed for more than 2 weeks. Should I drop that of my plan to do list just because I am needed in the office. I ran out of underwear, so should I start going 'commando' to the office? I have my bedding to send to the laundrette, should I just wait to pile up. Oh how about lunch? Let's not have any. Just drive all the way, on an empty stomach shall we? Yesterday, was particularly a hot day. A very hot day. And I had migrane needles pushing my right eyeball out. Should I just drive 1 hour away to do some more office work?

All the answer to the above is "NO!". But all of these are excuses to my boss. I hate that. They don't know how much we try. TRY. TRYING. Eventhough we try our best that still doesn't meet their standard, should I get the guilt trip?

So after that text message, I persuade my friend to send me off to my office 1 hour away. And since he wants to borrow my desktop computer. I told him that we could get it on our way back from my parent's house.

I am a great bullshitter. That I can tell you. But sometimes, even the most miniscule valid reason that I have about work, is accepted as an excuse. I'm fade up with the way I am treated. Yes, I am the office slacker. But really, is it my fault that I was not given the faith to do anything? So whatelse am I to do. Besides, people forgot what I have gone through. Perhaps they didn't, but it's merely an excuse to them. I'm tired. But never mind. Patience is key. Till then... Rant over.

Adios.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises