Friendship and Relationship

Okay, I didn't mean to write something about my...  turmoil, so to speak, but I have just watched the new Beverly Hills 90210.  One of the trainees gave me a few episodes of the new series yet to air in this region.

One of the scenes were about these two couples, the guy cheated on the girl, and then the girl retaliated back by going out with one of his friends.  And sometimes it reminded me of my own relationship, but not exactly true.  But there were some retaliation, but more on emotional side of it, but I won't go much into that.  So they had this talk about, where that relationship is going, and if that will be the way it was going to be, the retaliation over and over again.  However, he said, "What I did to you was terrible, and I feel horrible, but ... I hurt you and you hurt me, is that how it works with us?  I wouldn't do that to a friend, and we're supposed to be more than friends."  And that hit me like a deer staring into an on-coming headlights.  The scene before that was when he was talking to his lady friend, that friendship is the important thing, she said "well, if we can't be that (friends) then we can't be anything else, right?"

Friendship is the seed of any relationship is what I think, and it seems that I've lost that seed that I have invested in my life for the past few years.  I've lost one special friend, and the whole lot, and I'm left with pretty much nothing.  Nothing is an overstatement, I have something, I have my own friends, but I suppose for the past few years, I've... admit that I've left some friends behind.  I feel bad about it, recently my 'brother', Sulaiman reminded me of this, that even when something good, true or better comes along, it doesn't give me the right to leave behind friends who cared for me.  I think I did that, and I am ashamed of myself.  Now I've have to invest a new seed.  Friends are not important, but they do play a role in our life, as no man is an island, people always say.  

I sometimes stop to think, and see the people around me.  I see that friendship plays an important role in everyday life.  Tonight, I made a joke to one of the operators, when he said one of the valves are jammed...  And I told him, he'd need butter to go with that... (Jam and butter?  Sandwich?  I know, it's lame!!!) and he said back to me, that I've warmed up to them... I usually hear them talk and laugh with their joke, and that was my first (not to mention lame) joke to them and they were happy to hear that from me, even so it was lame.  

So when it comes to friendship, although it doesn't last forever, friendship does go a long way, because it's part and parcel of life.  I guess, all we need is to cherish the friendship while we have it, so now, what I am going to do with regards to my friendship which is non-existence at the current while is to live it up a notch...  I have a reader "Tina" offering me for a manicure session... I'll be in touch!  LOL...

So you guys keep reading, until then C'est La Vie!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises