Death and Therapy

Yesterday, after a few rounds of playing cards of 'sam-chung' game.  I decided to run.  

The gym was vacant.  So I had  a good time on my own running.  At the 7th kms, I heard my name being paged on the public announcement...  I called the control room, and he told me to call a number, which I thought to be my housemate.  So I thought, oh well, it wouldn't be that urgent.  Then I continued running again on the treadmill.  About a few minutes later, Aidee and Kafi (one of the trainees) came with a piece of paper, and they told me that a relative called telling me there's a death of someone in the family..  I immediately packed my stuff up and ran to my room, I recognised the number.  My second cousin's number.

I called him up, and he told me that his grandfather passed away that evening and wanted me to inform my parents about it.  I called up my dad to no avail, so I had to call my sister, she told me she knew about the news and was about to leave the house with my dad to visit his late uncle.  My dad was once raised by his late uncle.  And he was like a dad to him.  I also called up my brother to assist my sister, when she and my dad arrived there.  My dad suffers from stoke and is hemiplegic since eight years ago, immobile on his left side, so when he's going anywhere, he needs some assistance, and I doubt my sister could do that all on her own.  

So after that, I showered because obviously I stink of sweat.  And Aidee, Kafi and myself hung out in the room, it was raining heavily and we didn't want to get wet going down to the mess room.  Yeah, we have to go outside to get downstairs, which sucks...  So anyway, Aidee went to bed quite early, whilst Kafi and I shared stories of our lives, I confess to Kafi about the going ons in my life recently with the turmoil and other family stuff stories, and he shared some of his family stories too...  I felt much better, it was like therapy for me.  He was comforting about my situation, I suppose certain things are not as black and white as other things might be.  There are things that are left in the cloudy area and not for anybody to judge upon.  So anyway,  I ran again today,  didn't run that far, only about 6 kms...  Nothing much happened to me today, just I'm feeling lonely as usual.  A friend told me to just enjoy the freedom that I have, but, honestly, freedom is limited when it comes to offshore.  But I'm trying to recover.  I still miss my ex, which is stupid right?  It's silly, but I guess time heals all wound eh...

So until then, C'est La Vie....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Al-Fatihah buatnya..
Its funny how sometimes we dont really show our appreciation of the person till the person left, isnt it?
Be it leaving for the next world or just stepping out of our (love) life.

Just hang on there.

-Tina/Titina. whatever.
Alyce Barry said…
Sometimes when I'm missing somebody it helps me to figure out what exactly I'm missing about them. If I can get clearer about that, it's easier to find what I'm missing in some other way.

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises