Dry Island

It's a weekend, and we're having it for the first time ever, offshore... 

I slept throughout the day.  All day long on my bed.  Why?  Because I was told earlier in the morning that no work is allowed on site, because there is no water.  No water to shower, laundry or to sit on the porcelain throne.  No water.  The irony of it is that we're surrounded by it... under us... everywhere there's water but it is not consumable.

So work permits on-site were not release, and all of my guys were on standby.  Our progress is behind for one whole day, and tomorrow, we don't know what will happen, I heard stories or rumours that they're going to shut the water supply for the night for tomorrow.  On board here, we have water-maker machines.  But if my memory serves me right, only two machines out of four are running.  (I think).  So anyway, I just had my first shower tonight.  I didn't shower this morning obviously because there isn't any water.  So I lay on my bed all day long, only to come down at about 4pm to the mess room to smoke.  There wasn't even water to drink, they had to call the chopper to send drinking water.  

But now, the water supply is turn on again, I suppose throughout the whole day, they were filling up the tanks.  It does make me think that some things in life we take for granted until one day it is taken away from us.  Water and electricity, is few of the things people take for granted and will only realise it when they are gone.  

I'm missing my baby.  But fear not, will be coming home on Monday.  Lots of things to plan.  Until then, take care and Ciao.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises