Gone Flat...

Yesterday, I went to work pretty early, well I was late, but that was not my fault, my trip to work took a 2 hours drive, thanks to the traffic jam along the way.  The ride to KB was uneventful and I forgot how relaxing it can be in a traffic jam.  Relaxing you may ask?  Well, stress (on the road) is only a state of mind, you would feel so stressed out if you think the road is yours.  Well, it isn't?  Right?  So why bother trying to control things you can't?

So anyway, after work, I made an appointment, with Sue and Jays.  You remember them?  Well, they are my favourite couple and friends and I love them both to bits!  I don't normally contact them as they have a family now, and I'm always offshore.  But I had to pick up a couple of books from them, the book I bought from Bangkok, it was a house plan book.  My sister wanted to borrow them.  So anyway, I went off from work in a mad dash.  Why?  Because the car park was about to flood.  So I had to leave before the car park got flooded.  I was welcomed by Sue, I almost forgot how easy it is to talk to Sue.  I can tell everything to her.  She was mad that I never did introduce my two failed relationship to her.  And not long after that Jays came back from work. 

What was planned to be a quick stop over became a long one.  We talked and talked, Jays even test drove Razzy (my car).  But I was afraid that the rain may get worst.  And luckily I did.  I was so tired because honestly, I didn't sleep at all the night before, and I went to shower very early and left early for work.  While driving, I tried to reach for my phone, and I dialed my brother-in-law, because I wanted to check if he is home when I send the books to him and my sister.  There was no answer and then BRUMMMMP!  followed by a walloping sound from the tyre as it punctures.  I went to the hard shoulder of the road and found about 6 cars also falling to the same fate.  I ran over a huge pothole and it caused my front (passenger side) tyres to tear.  

I stopped and went out and cursed!  Great! Great! And I heard a guy not far behind my car shouting "Satu kah dua?" (Translation: "One or two?")  I immediately understood that he was asking how many tyres got punctured... And I scream back at him saying "Satu!!" (Translation: "One!!".  I walked over to his car and he told me that I'm not the only one, I think when I was stranded there... there were about 5 more cars that got a puncture.  He said he got two punctures on the passenger side of the car and was waiting for his friend to borrow him a spare tyre.  Since the place I stopped was near to my parents home, I called up my brother-in-law again, and told him what happened, in less than 10 minutes he came, LAUGHING!  I was laughing as well, as I started to blame him, because I was on the phone trying to call him.  He kept on laughing...  So jokingly I punished him to change my tyre.  He obliged, and I helped him too, of course...  Just when we were finished replacing, an indian guy came up to us wanting to borrow the car jack.  We were hesitant because we wanted to leave the place as soon as possible, but we thought, we'll borrow the jack but not the man power.  We waited and smoked at the side of the road as many car zoomed by.  

I suggested my brother-in-law to help the indian guy, because the sooner he finished replacing his tyres, the sooner we could leave.  So we approached the indian guy and the car.  And the car was a new 5 Series BMW.  It got us thinking that it is impossible that a car of that stature do not have a car jack.  So we ransack the boot.  Low and behold the car jack was there.  So we gave him the car jack and took ours.  The indian guys was thankful.  We came back to our cars and I passed the books to my brother-in-law.  But instead of leaving, my brother-in-law came into my car and we spent about 15-20 minutes discussing about house plans.  And when we looked up, the indian guy that was changing his tyre was gone!   Not long after that, we went our own ways.... I arrived home quite late.  At about 10.30 p.m.  The drive was long and slow,  because of the rain.  It was raining freaking heavy last night.  That was not a normal storm.  

I fell asleep in my working clothes.  And woke up at 3 a.m.  I was so tired that I didn't even have energy to shower.  I woke up again at freaking 10 a.m.  And when I was about to leave, my brother offered companion to the workshop where I usually do my tyres, balancing and alignment.  The new tyres costs me $300!  Sigh!  Oh well, the least it is a really good tyre.  I got my car polished too!  And it looks even better than spanking new!  I know it's still raining season, but with polished cars, the rain doesn't stain the car much, so it will look clean even after it rains.  Provided it is not a muddy place, that is.  

So tonight, I will be packing my stuff for my trip to Bangkok tomorrow.  Wow, to think of it, this time, tomorrow I will be getting reading to go to the club cinema... LOL...

So there won't be much updates, But I will try.  I don't think I'm going to bring my camera along with me, I'll take some using my phone.  I don't want to leave evidence LOL...  And I won't be bringing my laptop either.  So until then, take care and CIAO!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises