Hope We Can Be Friends



Am I missing the plot here?

After my trust have been betrayed, I would want to be friends?  I don't know what fantasy land one comes from... but seriously?  Friends?  Am I a switch that can be turned into lover or a friend mode whenever I like?  Just flick and things go well?  Seriously?  

This was the second time I got this.  Both of my exes asked this from me...  But seriously?!  Get real!  I know that with my first ex, we did became friends, but subconsciously, we knew what we were heading towards...  A big mess.  And indeed, it ended up as that.  We were just stalling the inevitable.  But the first ex is a different case entirely, it was a complicated relationship to start with, and my first ex didn't ask as per say, oh well, it is a long story.  Let's not go there.  My first ex was a great lover and shall remain as that.  Anyway the point is, trust is a big thing in relationship.  It is the essence and basis of all types of relationship.  And once that is broken, it will take time for the trust to be earned or gained.  It is like a scar, which needs time to heal.  "I hope we can be friends", is such a ridiculous thing to say after a breakup!

I am first to say, that I have broken trust one too many times.  Way too many, I've cheated and lied and snaked my way out of all of that.  But this time round, my trust was broken, so good riddance and good luck.  Simple as that.  As far as I am concerned, I have changed, and I won't let this experience change me back to the man I was.  I am a committed man now.  And I have proven that already.  I'm proud of myself for what I have achieved despite the skepticism from certain parties, and I deserve a good pat on the head.  Good boy, I am.  LOL!

A friend asked me if my last relationship was a rebound, maybe she's right.  Perhaps, it was a rebound relationship for my ex, but on my side, it wasn't, I was ready to commit, for the first time in my life.  I was hoping to make it happen.  My friend told me, maybe it wasn't the right one for me.  But honestly, as far as my experience has brought me, there's not such thing.  I don't believe that there's someone for us out there.  It is a big fat lie.  There is no right girl or guy out there.  So don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.  I believe that it is up to us to make it right, not Mrs Right or Mr Right.  But the right relationship for you.  The right love for you.  The right one to accompany you for the rest of your life.  It is up to us, to see it flourish and make it right.  It's a two way street of course, it is a cooperation.  Not an individual effort.  Look at arranged marriages, it does work, marriage before love, they made it right.  They made it work.  They made things right for them. 

Maybe my first ex was right.  Karma IS a bitch.  But I have a feeling that, things are going to change, I could feel a wind of great changes sweeping over me.  I hope bad karma is done with me.  I've rolled under the carriage of life.  (Twice!)  And now, it's time to brush myself up and look towards the sky, smile and be thankful for the experience.  Perhaps there will be times when I would fall off the saddle again, but that's not going to stop me from having a wonderful life.  I had two wonderful years with my first ex, and two wonderful months with my second one, so that shall remain as that, even the end result was painful, as one quote that I once read.  Be thankful for the pain you endure, as you have lived a life. 

Enjoy your life.  Be the Yes Man/Woman (a movie I watched tonight).  Live your life.  Consume your life as long your heart is beating.  Until then, take care and Ciao!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ive jst came back.. And what a change in your life. M sorry to hear that but i think this time around you are stronger

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises