Numb

This sucks.

But not really.  My stay offshore have been extended for another four days, so instead of coming home this Thursday, 8th January, I'm coming home on the 12th instead.  I checked my rota for this year, and I forgot that the four weeks rotation won't start for the next two weeks.  The previous agreed plan was that I come home for four days, do another week offshore, and then the four weeks onshore rota starts upon my return.  

I played around with the dates on the rota trying to sync the dates for my father's birthday, my birthday, the public holidays and my other half's birthday to no success.  Aiedee joked that I should come back when he returns to onshore on Monday.  I tried that, and low and behold, every thing seems right.  I even could get Hari Raya AidilFitri as well, but not really, but it might be that I will be spending a couple of days offshore and then home to celebrate it.

To cut the story short, just in case you didn't follow what I just wrote, is that everything fell into place by going home on Monday.  It is a perfect date and day for the rest of the year.  That is why I'm not really complaining or whining about it.  I know I said in my previous blog that I go insane if I spend another week here, but I supposeI have to look at the bigger picture, then it beats this (what I like to call a minor) setback.  

Actually, when I found out I have to extend my stay, I stomped my feet on the floor like a little kid and slouched forward with my arms supporting my chin staring at the desktop screen.  Then I started to scroll down, May, April, May, June, July, August, September.... every thing looks good.  So I said to myself out loud "Whaddaheck!"  Aidee smiled...  "Okay tu boss!  Sama sama kita balik" (translation: "It's okay boss! We'll go home together").  After rolling my eyes at him a few times, and he giggled like a school girl, and I (fake) cried on his shoulder and he bursts into laughter...  

So that was it.  I was okay.  I thought about it, it's all for the best...  

Continue written on the 7th January...

Things are going pretty well, there has been a change of crew for the past few days.  And I like this crew better, the guys are very friendly than the other crew, and somehow the living quarters are much brighter and lighter with laughter.  There is a distinct difference between this two crew, I'm not saying one crew is better than the other.  They're just different.  I still kept wishing people Happy New Year to the guys, because literally, the last time I saw them was last year.

When do you stop saying Happy New Year?  Apparently we can still say Happy New Year in July or later than that, when it is the first time you saw the person in that year.  There's some logic to it, but I suppose the year is hardly new when 6 months have lapsed.  

When I get back home, the first thing what I am going to do, is send my brother off, knowing as well he'll be picking me up on Monday, I plan to go to the office, with Aiedee because my he has to run some errands (his office building is just next to mine office building), and I'd have to write up my offshore allowances for the past three months.  I haven't been claiming them.  I'd only get it in February.  After that, I will stop at my usual salon, to have my manicure.  I'm typing with my nails right now.  It is THAT long.  It's really difficult having long nails, because every time you scratch an itch.  It feels really good, but really painful too.  I accidentally poke my palm every time I clench my hand.  So I am really, really in need of a manicure.

I know some one out there would say, I'm silly or sissy or vain, waiting for manicure instead of cutting my nails on my own.  But I suppose each to their own.  I like my nails manicured and that's the way I like it to be.  Everyone have their own weird perks, and this is mine.  Then, Aidee and I planned to watch a movie.  Aiedee's flight will be quite early the next day, he has to be at the airport by 9a.m.  Ahh, I'm also still planning to have a great belated New Year celebration and still thinking how shall I celebrate it...

Oh my my, I've ranted a lot... So I must retreat and leave it as that.  Until then..  Take care and Ciao'!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises