Feeling Nostalgic

The song that I've put in this blog meant a lot to me. This was 'our' song. The time I fell in love. And today, all of a sudden, I felt nostalgic for some personal reason.

I guess, I'm having a nostalgic episode, and hopefully this feeling will end soon. I guess I'm feeling a tad lonely, that, I must admit. I think I should be grateful for this time by myself. It can be good for my soul. Finding someone to fill the void in our hearts is not always the answer to everything... Besides, I know by living the way I am right now, I am not prone to hurt no one in my life. Thus living a carefree life. It does have it's setbacks though... But so far, good enough for me.

The song I've put in my blog was the song when we first met. Besides that, Marcell - Denganmu was also our song. I guess every couples have their own song (care to share?) There are many songs that reminds us of an event... Even now, I was actually trying to persuade someone to smile and be at least happy because of her (I assume) argument with her partner. And it still rings in my head the 'Senyum' (Smile) song that was played decades ago on the Malaysian TV. It was a Malaysian Smiling Campaign, to encourage Malaysians to smile. Yeah, there are times when are are so consumed by our life, that we forgot the simplest thing in life such as smiling. I know this sounds crazy but smiling helps, it's addictive and contagious.

Say if we smile even when our hearts are troubled by our personal problems, people who see us smiling will smile and thus without knowing, will make our life a little pleasant, and sometimes, it pushes our troubles away, temporarily, but the attitude towards life become positive and when we think positive, we handle our problems in a positive way. Things just get better just by smiling. I can't remember how many, but smiling takes a lot less energy than frowning... less facial muscles I think, so... smile... People might think you're crazy, so what? Does not affect you any more or any less, right?

I personally think nowadays, people use frowns as a defensive mechanism, such as in public transport or just in plain public. Why frown when a smile can welcome you a lot of opportunities... I think that we don't smile enough... Hey suddenly, this post becomes a smiling campaign... Oh well, I guess if it'll make you smile, that makes my day much better.

So yeah, nostalgia. I'm really feeling it, I must admit... I guess, I'm missing the good ol' times that I had with my ex. The good ol' times that I had with my friends. The good ol' times. It's good to reminisce but not good to dwell too much into it... As my life principles goes... "Upward and forward is the only way to go"... I guess you'd agree with me on that one... There are times, looking back can jinx the future...

So anyway I hope my readers have a great weekend ahead, because I definite will... Until then, smile, take care and Ciao!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanx for the nostalgia. I remember the song "denganmu" was played in ur Patrol on our way to the beach. Sigh...
Anonymous said…
Yeah, those were the good times isn't it?

I hope the all the good times we had, still 'plays' in your mind... as it is with me...

All I can say for now to you is thank you for all the good times... No, Great Times :)

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises