Great Times

From my last post, I was talking about good times that I had with friends and past lovers.

I recently received an email from my first ever lover wishing me a belated birthday. It was really nice that after 10 years have passed, my ex still remembers my birthday. March is a significant month, whereby plenty of good memories happen. I am thankful for the experiences that have made me the man I am now. It's all good.

Oh I had just had the great time with someone from my past. We hung out and talked and laughed. It was really good, and especially good on my last weekend before my last offshore shift. Oh yeah, it will be my last offshore shift this time (apparently, that's what I've heard here and there) and there will be no offshore trips anymore from then onwards. Well maybe there will be day trips, but I don't think I'd be staying offshore after this. Which is good on my social life, but not financially. Having the opportunity to work offshore, and as a single guy that I am, having two to three weeks away, helps my budget to stay put for two to three weeks, because I didn't spend not a single penny during that time, but now, that I am onshore based... I will have spend a lot i.e. on fuel and food, etc. So I'm trying to save as much money as I can from now on.

Ironically, I didn't save money this month, I went for a facial and went for the full 10 sessions package which costs a bomb! No, seriously, a big, huge, humongous bomb.... but nevertheless, at least I can still look good... (I am pathetically vain, I know! sigh!) So anyway, my face now looks like angry bees had just rampaged on my face... I have sensitive skin, easily inflamed when poked with a steel skewer, LOL... (which face doesn't!) but the (what do you call someone who does facials? Ans: Beautician - thanks MsDania!), anyway, yes it took quite a long time to 'clean' up my face from black and white heads... (I think she secretly loved making me squeal in agony, LOL). I noticed that from a few weeks ago, my face have been very oily and I get a lot of breakouts... So anyway, I couldn't stand it any longer, hence I had the facial.

So anyway, I am hoping that by saving money will also help my weight problem. No, I don't think I have a weight problem but I do think I need to loose a few kilos. Digressing. So anyway, yeah... offshore, no more... and also this shift, I want to cut it short, I'm sick and tired of it, the office I mean. I am more than determined to ask for a transfer. Hopefully my boss could entertain my request. Seriously, as much as I like all of my colleagues, sometimes... never mind, in short, I want out.

I wish I could be transferred to a full time based offshore work, working in vessels or not working offshore at all, but in a different office doing different kind of work. I want to do something different this year. It's not been a great year for me last year. Both work-wise and personally. Problems ala galore... Again digressing. But I do feel that this year is going to be great for some reason... I feel like it will be at least better than last year.

Tonight, Manchester United lost to Liverpool 1-4. Trashed and canned. It doesn't bother me much as I don't support neither of them. But it seems that Liverpool supporters are all over the ManU. But personally, I think it's embarrassing for ManU as they lost when they are home, and with that score point, it's just plain shameful. But nevertheless ManU supporters are still proud that they are still on top of other Leagues. Oh well, that's football for you eh... Oh or soccer for the Americans (sigh!)....

I am still feeling a little nostalgic, but it's wearing off soon, especially when I will be offshore soon. So anyway, am running out of ideas to write... so, to the wonderful past and great future... Take care of your good self and Ciao...

Comments

Mrs Emzee said…
beautician? hehehe
Anonymous said…
Thanks a lot... I hate it when my vocabulary just went MIA on me... It took me about 15 minutes then, I thought I'd just put them in brackets LOL... I shall amend the blog accordingly, thanks to you LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises