Great Sunday

Last night I couldn't sleep.  My head was spinning, I wanted to go down to the mess room to get some water, but since it was raining, I just couldn't be bothered, the water was to help get my ibuprofen pills down.  I could feel it, I was about to go down with a flu.

So since I didn't sleep at all, I woke in time for Sahur.  I woke up my roommate, our Senior Inspector, Saleh and walked down the corridor to wake up Aidee who was a little startle that I was the on who woke him up instead.

Had Sahur, down with the ibuprofen.  Then, I finally could sleep but our room turned into an office by day, and was quite busy, so I hardly catch much rest.  The weather sucks today, it's been raining, on and off, but when it rained, it rained hard.  I woke quite early but didn't get out of bed.  I stayed in my bed whilst I kept track of what was going on in the 'office'.  I finally got up, showered and sign about almost 30 documents that needs verification from my part.  I went down stairs to meet up with the Utility Supervisor to pick up our desk mobile phone and to meet him for a quick meeting.  He wasn't around so I left leaving a few stickies on his desktop screen.  I tried to log on to my work laptop to no avail.  The work laptop, called MOB (Mobile Office Business) Laptop is mind numbingly slow.  To delete a single email took me more than 5 minutes, and that is when I'm lucky.  So I gave up and sat in my bed.

At noon, my headache came again.  I lied down since everyone was resting in their own beds too  with the curtains closed.  I woke up two hours later and found my supervisor tapping away on the desktop computer, and he handed out the latest work status to me.  I tried again to log on to my work laptop.  At about 3 p.m, I got paged by the PA system, and it was the Utility Supervisor who paged me, when I met him, he was laughing because of the stickies I left on his desktop.  One note was a PAKAT, because he left his e-kawal card on his keyboard.  PAKAT is similar to a yellow card in football.  It indicates that someone had fail to abide safety or security rules and regulation.  The e-kawal card used to log in to the company's network or system, by regulation, should always be kept hidden or secured or kept with the user at all times, and he failed to do that.  PAKAT, is not a way to penalise someone.  It is used to encourage people to intervene in unsafe acts or breaking rules and regulations.  No one will be penalise, in fact at most time, one will be rewarded for raising a PAKAT (I forgot what PAKAT means, I will post edit this when I find out).  It ended with a lengthy discussion about materials and piping spools that we're expecting soon, but due to the current sea conditions, all vessels had retreated to shore for shelter from the weather.  So no materials arrived today.  He also gave me the desk mobile phone that we required to use in our room.  Basically, it's a mobile phone and works just like a mobile phone, but it's a handset unit, like a normal telephone unit.

The 5 p.m. meeting which I usually attend, had been forwarded to 4.30 p.m during the ramadhan period.  Aftet the meeting, I came back to my room, and finally managed to log on at about 4.25 p.m.  I told myself, I'm not going to give it up this time round, so I was late for the meeting.  The meeting went smoothly as usual.  The big operation boss told me that we will have a emergency drill at 5 p.m.  The hotel manager asked me if I had moved my tee card to my allocated room number (since we changed rooms recently).  Oh, the mad rush to look for my tee card was crazy.  I finally found my tee card and my roommates tee card too.  Managed to put it in it's allocated slot.  

Tee card (a card that looks like a letter 'T' with our names written on top of it) is a head count system in case of an emergency.  During a drill or an emergency, we muster in one allocated station, and at our station, there are two boards with slots with our room numbers, one board has slot named 'Not Muster' and next to the board has also a slots named 'Muster'.  Upon arrival, everyone must move our tee card to the muster board slot.  This means that you are counted for and present at the station and not missing.  Anyone who have not moved their tee card, will mean that a search party will be organised to confirm if he or she is missing.  

So after the drill, I went back to my room and worked on the desktop computer for a little while, and before I knew it, it was time to break fast.  Together, myself, Saleh and Aidee went to the mess room to get food and sat in our usual seat, booked by our loyal rigger, Khidir.  Khidir is a very gentle guy, quiet and very very polite.  He always think of others than himself.  He booked seats for us, but putting his food on the table of other seats, so people will think it's occupied.  So anyway, after food and a couple of ciggies later, I thought to myself, that considering my health is going down hill, I should try to run to raise my self immune system.  I had a great run.  No dangdut music what-so-ever.  It was techno music most of the time and some heavy metal changed by one avid body builder.  I had a great run 10.1 kms in 67 minutes.  I did some weights by myself, alone, and I changed the music to a great track, I even danced by myself, not caring that there is a CCTV in the gym and anyone is watching.  It was great.  I felt great.

Aidee stopped by the gym when I was about to finish, he had never been to the gym, and wanted to know what facilities were available.  He seem keen.  However, he doesn't have his sports shoes with him, and promise himself that he'll bring one on his next trip in October.  After gym, I showered and went downstairs to get some drinks.  I found Amir smoking whilst reading today's paper, I joined him and we had a great chat.  He's getting married soon, and he's going through a small complication with his wife-to-be.  Not relationship problems but mostly about the wedding logistical problems.  He's totally happy to marry his fiancee, and ready to settle down.  He seems to be very much in love with his wife-to-be.  He also asked me to suggest a place for honeymoon.  He said that his budget was a little tight, so I told him that KK at Karambunai was apparently a great place for honeymooners (where my brother had his honeymoon).  He made a search on Karambunai recently and seemed interested.  He's looking for other recommendations still before he sets his decision.  So anybody who knows a great place for honeymooners, send me a comment or two, please...

After that, I played snooker with him, he won the first set, I won the second set and he challenge me for a final third set as a determination winner of the game.  We played until 2 a.m it was absolutely great and fun, full of laughters.  Oh by the way, I won the third set.  Last night, I played snooker with Aidee and I won straight sets...  I feels great to win.  And I love to rub it in...  Enjoying my bragging rights.  LOL...

After that, I ended up here on my bed ready to sleep.  But it seems that I only have half an hour to sleep before having Sahur.  So anyway, so much irrelevant things have been written, so until then my dear readers, thanks for reading my pathetic diary of useless and ridiculous information about me.  So, take care, have a great Sahur, be safe and Adios peeps!  Remember to comment guys, particularly about the honeymooning thingy....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises