A Long Post

As the title of this post, this will be a long post.  So be prepared to be bored of useless information of my rants and thoughts.  Which includes my daily diary moments.

Firstly, my trip onshore for the day.  I arrived about on time and my 'brother' was already there to pick me up.  He drove me to his house and gave my car keys back to me (I left my car at his home).  I went to the office and talked and laughed with my colleagues.  One colleague, however, was particularly rude to me.  I don't know what was the matter but he was quite rude.  But since I was fasting, I didn't want to react with his harsh behaviour.  I met with my back-to-back.  He's a nice filipino guy, Jose.  I updated him with things going on onshore, and the things to be expected of him.  We also discussed about our back-to-back situation and rota.  He was a little blur about it.  So I asked him when he wanted to take leave and such, I told him also that I don't want to spend Eid (Hari Raya AidilFitri) onshore, that I want to spend that offshore.  He agreed to that.  And as expected he wanted to take leave for Christmas and New Year, which I am happy to cover for him as long he covered for me before that.  As I will be going away with my best friend Bunny Buddy Billy to sin ourselves!

So I'm going to do some scheduling as soon as I finish my excel spreadsheet calendar.  And I will cc it to my boss for his approval.  So that's covered so far.  Then,  by a stroke of luck, the unconfirmed meeting that I was supposed to attend.  The man responsible for my return which I'm not in liking with, came to our office and we assigned ourselves for a meeting, so I called up my counterparts for a meeting at 10 a.m.  As usual, this man, or colleague, is always being difficult to deal with, as I am fasting, I didn't care, so I became the 'yes' man.  Saying yes to whatever he's saying, but taking them as note, mental note, in which by the end of the meeting I'll easily forget.  However, most of the action points will be done by my counterparts so it's not such a big deal.  After the meeting, I came back to my desk to delete some emails, and reading them too, of course.  Talked to my colleagues a little, said bye to them, because my heart is yearning for a haircut.

A quick moments later, my hair was gone.  I've totally cropped it short, easily exposing my earring.  I went to a supermarket to buy some chocolates.  One of the guys asked me to buy for him.  I stopped by Body Shop KB Branch too to get myself some scrub sponge that I really love to use.  I made my way back to my "brother's" place to hang out for a little while.  We picked his children up too, and quickly stopped by the Ramadhan foodstalls.  I had two things to get in mind, sugar cane water (juice?) and penyaram (a malay delicacy shaped like a black brownish UFO - delicious I tell ya!).  Bought 5 bottles of sugar cane juice but there was no penyaram in sight.  We were a little early anyway, and it was pouring really bad, so we didn't venture much to see if there was any.

We went back to my home and hung out for a while.  We went to Anduki Airport in time for our flight.  There was only 3 passengers.  I was so sleepy at this point, that I was sleeping with my mouth open on a chair.  The chair was hard and very uncomfortable.  But my eyes couldn't help it.  I think I snored too...

By 5 p.m., I was already back offshore.  When we were breaking fast, it was funny (for me) that given my short hair, people stare and talk to my earring, not to me, or to my face.  I suppose now it's much more noticeable.  I gave the sugar cane juice to the caterers so they can put it for those who wanted them.  And that night I slept with my coveralls on.  I didn't realise that I was that tired, I didn't mean to sleep in my coveralls, but I was having a minor headache, so I rest my head and fell asleep.  I woke up a minute to 12 midnight.  Showered and had a ciggy, then continued my sleep.  I was woken up at half past 3 a.m. by Aidee for Sahur.  Had some food, a ciggy or two and went back to sleep.

At about half past six, my site supervisor woke me up in some sort of panic.  He told me that we had to move to another room.  Okay, I don't mind moving room, but moving the whole office, that's crazy.  I persuaded my site supervisor/roommate to move to a bigger room that shares 4 people, but he refused.  I think, he wants privacy thus he want us to move to a 2 person bedroom.  He found one, although I was reluctant, I obliged anyway.  The room was okay, enough for two, but oh no, not for the office.  It was jammed packed when we moved our stuff in.  There was no place at all to put my stuff anywhere.  I hated the room, I couldn't stand it.  Worst of all, the room triggered my migraine.  One of the triggers is the smell of dampness.  Okay, imagine this, a very hot corridor, a very freezing cold room with a damp carpet and smelly toilet.  The toilet exhaust was not sufficient enough that the dampness of the toilet reek into the room.  The carpet, the bed curtains and everywhere was damp.  I couldn't sleep until I finally took my ibuprofen and finally able to go to sleep.  That night I told my roommate that I wanted to move out.  He said okay with that, and went out for a ciggy.  When he came back, he apparently went to one of the rooms I was suggesting earlier, the 4 person bedroom, and compliment how spacious the room was, how clean it was and how great it was.  He want in too.  So the next day, we moved, again!  Hauling our stuff and files and desktop computer two flights up and walking on a bridge about 100 meters long...  It was exhausting...

Finally today, we're settled in.  And by far, this is about almost the nicest room one could have, but no perks, our laundry, I've learnt, we have to pick it up ourselves from the laundry room 3 flights down.  But it's much more spacious, much nicer and very very comfortable.  I'm finally settled in.  I told the 'hotel manager' of this offshore operation that we're going to stay put this time, no more moving.  He agreed as he had enough of shuffling us around.  I will take pictures of this room soon.  I've not uploaded my pictures yet, because as you can see, I've been quite busy.  By the way, I wasn't feeling well today.  It was not a migraine, it was some sort of flu, but not feverish.  Thus I slept the whole afternoon.  I still am feeling a little under the weather, but I'm ignoring it.  So I hope you've enjoyed reading my boring, petty, sad little story.  Until then, I've got to go to sleep now.  Until then, take care, be safe, and Adios!

Comments

Mister Ry said…
a loooonnnggg entry, indeed.

phew..

:)
Anonymous said…
Yeah... actually, it's already been edited short... seriously! My fingers were very busy tapping away...

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises