Aching

My body is in pain.

Last night, was the first time I ran to gain my fitness back again.  And it has been more than two months since I last ran.  And my body is aching everywhere.  I suppose this is good.  I guess muscle cells are building all around me.  I spent more than an hour in the gym, 40 minutes running with a steady pace of 8 km/h.  And I spent another half an hour concentrating on the upper body workout.  

Tonight I will do the same.  I know I will be dragging my feet to the gym, but this is something that must be done.  I have to, if I am going to wear 80% of my clothes again.  I'm planning to not go skinny, but muscular fit this time.  I always wonder how I look like with muscles...  I do have them but right now, its hiding under a thick layer of fat.  I'm seeing some results though, small results, but not bad for my first time training.  I am still eyeing for a marathon to run sometime by the end of this year.  I don't think I can manage anytime soon.

Another good thing is that I've significantly cut down my ciggies.  But I get bored of being in the room, as I am avoiding the smoking room.  I've increase my water intake too, every time I feel peckish to eat.  So far so good, wish me luck.  I'm planning to bring my new body to Bangkok again in April.  I eyed that someone needs company to Bangkok! LOL!  You know who you are, and my lips are sealed! LOL...

Work-wise, things are getting a little hectic.  My team is getting smaller and the jobs are getting bigger.  The planning for our work has been swallowed by a tornado, and thrown into the abyss.  It's all crazy, and I don't have the mood to do anything about it.  All I am saying now, is that the shit has hit the fan.  Crazy!  Crazy!  I am at the point of giving up.  All that's left to do, is to smile and try to figure how can I make things better.

Actually I have realise something when it comes to work matters, maybe this comes to no surprise to certain people, but I am now much more in control of my job.  And you can too.  How?  Stop relying on your emotional thought and keep being rational.  There are jobs especially like mine, that you are placed in an inferior and fragile position.  But as long as we keep our emotions away from the job, you won't feel bad about yourself in doing your job.  People call this being 'professional'.  It is true, your job doesn't own you, you are the one controlling your job.  I realise this when I had to deal with the Shutdown Manager recently, I manage to contain my anger and just focus on the job, yeah I did ignored what he was saying, but that was because he was going on the same thing over and over again like a broken CD player.  But I managed to be 'professional'.  And in the end, he did apologise if he had said anything to offend us.  And today, I became professional, staying with the facts why my team should not be demobilise.  

So anyway, I'm going to attend to my aching body by keeping myself horizontal for a while.  Until then, take care and Ciao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises