Punch to the Heart

During lunch today, I spent the hour watching a movie on my laptop.  It's called Passengers.  Starring Anne Hathaway and Patrick Wilson.

It has been a while since I last watch a movie that made me cry.  This movie just hit me right there.  I'm not a guy who easily cries watching a movie, but the ending was so moving, I found my eyes had gone teary.  There's a reason to it, but I won't spoil it to you, just in case you guys are going to watch it.  

One of the dialogue that hits me right spot on, was this, "You know what's scary about commitment?  Your life becomes real.  Not a plan or what you had hoped for.  Real."  It is true.  Commitment makes us real.  Not that it's wrong or bad about it, it's just life becomes real.  I suppose, I'm not ready for realism.  I'm not actually saying without commitment life becomes a fantasy either.  Perhaps, it's less real.  And that is why I'm scared of it...  It's funny (not ha-ha funny), that sometimes, we find answers in weird ways.

So anyway, Passangers, it's about a plane crash and people dealing with it, with a little bit of twist in it.  I must say, it's a good movie to watch with a loved one.  Whoops, I have to go now, will be right back, work beacons... Until then, take care and Ciao!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm in the middle of watching this movie right now. As soon as I heard the dialogue, "You know what's scary about commitment?.." I put the movie on pause and I googled the phrase immediately, and found your entry. I'm so happy to have found that this line affected someone else the way it did me.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for leaving a comment about this.

Yeah, it feels nice that in some way, somehow, someone out there too feel the same way as I did when I heard those dialogue in that particular movie.

Words as simple as that, can be so profounding... isn't it?

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises