Working Day

After a while being offshore, then a quick getaway to Bangkok, it is time to be back in the office.

It feels weird to be in the office again, and I just can't stand the boredom. Of course, those seated nearer to me suffers the most. I have been bugging them and teasing them to keep myself occupied. I am writing this 4 minutes after 4pm.

I don't miss the office, I miss my colleagues, but somehow after being so long offshore, the office seemed foreign to me for some weird reason. And the work, I found myself whining to myself that this isn't my job to do, when in fact it is... I suppose, I don't identify with my office job as I used to. I used to be really good and efficient with doing the planning work, but after a while, my skills have gone rusty, I have even gone rusty on the SAP i.e. a very unfriendly system that we tolerate and now have a greater tolerence with.

I am actually writing this the next day at work, I came home exhausted last night, I fell asleep when I arrived and slept through the rest of the night. I woke up at midnight feeling hungry, I changed my clothes, because I was so tired to change and I cooked myself some noodles, brush my teeth, played with the laptop for a bit, and slept at about 2 a.m. I woke up late today, I woke up at 7 a.m. I made a mad dash to the office, luckily, there wasn't much traffic when you're late, but I'm still scarred by the tragic accident about a year ago, so I didn't drive that fast.

So anyway, the office is cooling down for a while, it's usually busy every Tuesday, thanks to the pesky Shutdown Manager who keeps everybody on their toes, but he's not in at the moment, so most of the engineering planners here breath normally. I know he's only doing his job, but his PR skills with people needs to be improved though. He's a good guy, but not that great. I suppose, we all are like that sometimes, we tend to focus too much on our own work to care about other people. Some people are work focus and some are people focus. I'm more of the latter without compromising the work, of course. I suppose people are much more energetic, efficient and co-operative, if we have great people skills. People in a way, jump gladly upon your command.

So anyway, enough ranting. Until then, have a productive day and take care. Oh, got a message that we're going to have some bad weather for the next three days... So please do take care, stay indoors... So my workout plans are out of the window. AGAIN! So, Ciao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises