Quickie On Valentine's

In the midst of two men snoring, I write this after watching the second half of Ip Man, Bolt (a computer generated animation) and The Duchess.

I'm quite sleepy as it is, but I guess, I can spare a little time to write something.  Today's Valentine's Day, and love is abundant for most couples.  I for one, am not celebrating it, not because of the absence of another half, but I celebrate love every single day.  Single being the operative word here.  I love myself, well, I didn't realised it before, but I do now.  I am not in love with myself.  Notice the distinct difference.  I love the people who touched my life, I love the mistakes that I made, I love the joy that I touched and touched-by.  I love life.  

Love life.  I know this world is not eternal, and it's just temporary.  But bear in mind, I love life as it is, not in love with life.  Life as the essence can be quite easily ignored.  Life in the essence can be easily taken for granted.   Close your eyes, breath deeply, and feel the air that enters your lungs, feel it filling in your lungs as your chest extends, and exhale as you would, that is LIFE.  You feel it, yet you can't see it, a bit like love itself.  

But you know what is the best irony of this year's Valentine's Day.  It's the day before, Friday the 13th, allegedly a superstitious day of good or bad luck...  Believe or not, next month is another Friday the 13th.  Cool huh??  So if you're still a couple by today, you should celebrate...  LOL...   A year ago, if my memory hasn't failed me,  I had an accident on Valentine's.  I remembered the crash, fresh as it was yesterday.  I tell ya', my life at that time was shattered and in shambles.  It was a crazy ride.  A year on, here I am, offshore and I guess, smiling as I write this post.  

On the note of Friday, the 13th, work was bad for me.  I was just irked by the way things are being run.  It is like the past six months of offshore work never happened, and we're back to square one.  It's like everyone is learning a new job!  I kept being professional about it, but I can't help being angry.  It's not easy, this.  Managing people, work, logistics and planning.  It's not easy.  There are times when things get relaxed and easy, but when things do go wrong, EVERYTHING GOES WRONG!  LOL...  A bit like today...  So anyway, I've written quite an amount for a quickie post.  Until then, take good care of yourself and Ciao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises