Back into the Game?

Wednesday, I was woken up by a few text messages from my new friend, and also from my best friend/relative/almost brother, Sulaiman for lunch. He was in town to attend an award ceremony at Vocational Nakhoda Ragam. He and a colleague, also a good friend came by and treated them both lunch. I also learnt during the lunch that one of our colleague got into a self accident and went through surgery to straighten his neck bone. It sounds scary. In fact he had the accident a few days before mine. I'm even more traumatic now.

After lunch I went back home to chill out whilst waiting for my time to go on air, all of the top ten 60secs DJ were called for a quick interview. Actually we were supposed to come early for training and go for the on-air interview and leave. But my mentor couldn't make it, so he told me to come for training after on-air instead.

I arrived at RTB and all of us convene into the meeting room whilst waiting for the studio to get ready to receive us. I got the second batch to get in. The rest of the guys are in hyper mood, to get rid of their nervousness I suppose. I played cool because this was not my first time entering the studio and being on air. I have been on air a couple of times as a guest DJ. In fact I didn't feel much nervous. A little but nothing to cause me the jitters. My mind was set on sounding good and not making a fool out of myself and also making my mentor proud.

We had a great time. I had a great time the least. After that, I got to know the other proteges really well, we talked, we shared and such... Again, after being alone for quite a while now, it's really good that I am gaining a few friends. It's so refreshing, especially that they are quite young and a little naive. Good god, I will be 30 this Sunday. I am the oldest participant in the whole group of ten. It's a little embarrassing but I don't really mind. I do feel out of place sometimes...

We trained and that went well, I did what I was supposed to do. But I need to make it perfect and practise practise practise... I will keep my promise, I will make my mentor proud. Actually, I am not really competitive with this DJ thingy, I feel it's beyond me. There are many things in life to be competitive about than this. But I will not let my mentor down, so I will keep this competitive mood to make my mentor proud but not to win.

Winning isn't everything. Being right isn't everything. Being certain isn't everything. What matters is you get along with everything and everything is fine. Am I making sense here? I suppose no. I don't even know what I am rambling on about.

Last night, I had my first date since my breakup. No, no music in the air, no whatsoever. The chemistry was there as friends. We really get along well. We talked and talked up till midnight. Actually my date is in a relationship already. But at the moment, it is sort of on hold. A twelve year relationship that they had, and it becomes stronger now that they are apart. (My date's other half is study overseas at the moment). And I suppose we get along really well, because we both miss someone dearly. But not really in my case. I was tossed out and abandoned, whereas my date, their relationship got into a higher level than before. Imagine that, twelve years. I don't think I will ever experience that. My hurdle in my relationship was nothing. When I think about it, I feel disappointed that we broke up over nothing. But hey, life goes on eh? Ces't La Vie. On with the new...

Meeting new friends, you tend to discover new things about you that you don't realise. I have been re-evaluating myself recently, and discovered new things about me. I think it is because strangers or new friends highlight this because they are trying to know you more and tell you things you friends don't normally say. And it's good. I like it. Sometimes, as you age, it gets a little difficult to find friends. I consider myself lucky. As I age, the more friends I get. Last year was a great year. I think this year is going to be better for me and me only. I think this is the silver lining of my break up. Because things get better after your fall.

Anyway, as for my date, we acknowledge that my date's relationship is far more precious than starting a new one, even though my date can be considered as 'not bad', but I felt bad and guilty for my date's other half... I don't want to jeopardise their relationship plus, I not in a keen position to start a new one, oh, the thought of it sends shivers to my spine, thus a conclusion can be made... Friends. My first new friend after a long time...

For more good times ahead, so till then, Adios Amigos and Amiga..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises