Post-Mortem

I have given a little bit of thought about my life and things that have happened recently with my life. The health turmoil, my new found family, my career, my possessions, my future.

Everything seems to be in a different perspective after one has gone through a bad patch or an adversity of some sort, which in my case, of my own health.

From my last post, I have quickly mentioned that I am quitting smoking. Cold turkey style. And so far so good. I'm happy with my performance so far. I've not craved for a cigarette. YET. But the reason why I wanted to quit was mainly because of my health, and also, I met a lady who could give smokers the chills and worry about their own health. Remember my post, of which my department where I work took blood tests. The results were in, and I passed with super glowing golden colours. So this lady was running through my BMI, my blood results, ecetera, ecetera, ecetera... Then she asks if I smoked. She then changed her tune to a scary-but-I-feel-sorry-for-you tone. She starts to tell me the bad effects of smoking... Well, I am willing to bet that all smokers know the adverse effects it causes, but then they still smoke right? At one point, I told myself, "Here we go again! Bla... Bla... Bla...". But somehow, somewhere in her voice was actually scaring me but persuading me, pleading... So just like that... I took the karma of my recently bad health and her 'pled' that it is time to quit. For good? Maybe! No promises.

Another reflection that I had during my sick period was about my future. Where do I go from here? What do I want to achieve? What do I need? What don't I want?

I want to be promoted, thus I shall work hard and smart. I am a recent convert as a commuter, thus my lifestyle has to change to suit. I am working on my new home, thus budget cutbacks must be done. I have overstay my welcome living with my friend, thus I shall move out soon. My health is my priority, thus certain adjustments to my lifestyle and supplements to suits. (Am still compilling a list of priority supplements). There are many more adjustment that I need to do. And I am in the process of doing them. Again, wish me luck... Till my next updates... Adios Amigos...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises