Strong Man

Yesterday, I spent the whole night alone. Went shopping for detergent and a plastic ware to put the detergent in, because I have not done any laundry since I have moved in my new place. I went to my little sanctuary at Food Zone, Gadong Properties, to have a teh tarik and my favourite drink V-Soy. So I sat there alone, just gazing at the muted TV, whilst music from a channel in Astro, I think it was Hitz FM blaring out.

Before I got seated, I saw my college friend, whom I haven't seen for a couple of years. I went to his wedding, a few years before, he works in the Army as an officer. He asked me if I am still teaching. he quickly corrected himself, "No, no, you work in KB right?" He asked me a few things about my work, and wanted to contact someone from HSE (Health Safety and Environment) department regarding setting up such department in the Army. I gave him contacts who were also our college mates. And finally took my seat.

He later yelled my name across the table putting his finger up indicating one. And mime the word "Alone?" I nod. And continued to gaze the muted TV. When I was about to go, he called me up again to his table. He asked why was I alone. I didn't have anything to reply with... I only said "Well, this is me the usual, one man gang". He laughed and joked "Well, you're strong guy, you don't need friends to cover for you..." I suppose he is right. To be able to just sit alone by myself, which is what I have been doing much lately. I suppose it takes courage to sit with food and sit by yourself whilst everybody is staring at you, sometimes with pity in their faces. I felt a little proud. I am strong.

Tonight, knowing that it will be another lonely weekend. I decided to drive to KB to do a little work that I missed and visit my best friend who also a distant relative, Sulaiman and his family. I miss him and his family. We're practically brothers. It is so nice to hang out with him and his family. I wish to do more of that. When I was with him, I felt complete in my half empty heart. I felt at home. In Bandar, I feel abandoned. It didn't cross my mind to sleep over at his place when he asked if I am sleeping over, I thought "Oh yeah, why didn't I bring my toiletries with me?" I told them perhaps another time.

By the way, all my laundry is done. In fact, I've already folded some of them. what an accomplishment. A pat on my back. I wanted to go out and wi-fi at De Fountain (alone, of course) but it's really raining cats and dogs... So it's just me and my trusty mobile. So anyway, you guys have a great weekend. Till then, Adios.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises