Match Making

First, as usual, 10.2 kms in 72 minutes, a little slow because I have decided to walk the rest of 3 kms in a fast pace to reach fat burning zone, rather than cardio, this makes tomorrow my rest day.  After running I did some weights on the machine and did some squats.  Burnt almost 1,800 kcal.  And it feels good.

It feels so good that when I was weight lifting, I was singing out loud, whole heartedly.  It has been quite a while since I last burst my lungs singing.  I used to do that when I had my own place, screaming at the top of my lungs.  Sometimes, I do that during the slow crawl driving to work, screaming in my car so I won't feel sleepy.  I miss all that.  But being here isn't that bad either.

I got an original iPod earphones, sent by my 'brother'.  I told him to buy just a cheap one while waiting for my Shure earphones.  And yes, I've decided to buy the highest range.  It has a warranty for two years, so at least if anything goes wrong, I can send it back, it will be a lot of hassle though.  But I'm covered in that aspect.  

In theory, I can finish my half marathon in 2 hours and 30 minutes, but I am trying to finish before 2 hours and 15 minutes.  I can't imagine anyone who could finish in less than an hour like Anak Panyu did.  He's crazy!  I can't even do 10 kms under 60 mins.  But he inspired me a lot.  Running is not that easy, it takes a lot from your body.  If it was easy, everybody would have been running here and there.  

So what's with the match making title?  One of my colleague, who is also a good friend, is trying to set me up with a nice chinese girl.  He's always been interested love life for some weird reason.  But somehow, he cares about my well being.  Ironically, I don't see much of him, I see him every once and a while and he'd ask me about my love life.  And he's been quite adamant that I should start dating.  I told him that I'm not ready to date let alone to settle down.  He always gave that ending argument of "you'll never try, then you'll never know".   To which I always succumb to his idea.  

Anyhow, I'm not going to date soon, purely due to logistical facts.  I'm here in a island of steel and girls are pretty scarce.  There are four girls here, as trainees, but I fancy none of them, don't get me wrong, they're quite pretty, but somehow, not my cup of tea.  You know what I mean right?  It's not about being picky, it's just that, you know there's no sense of chemistry let alone biology.  Interest doesn't seem to blossom in my head.  Perhaps that 'not-readiness' is still dominant and embedded in my head, that the most beautiful girl would no take my interest at the moment.

Speaking of girls, woman or should I say lady, and not to contradict myself with my 'picky' statement.  I am in 'love' with one girl in particular.  But... ah, she doesn't know I exist and recently got married to a caucasian man.  Any clue?  She's Maya Karin.  Oh, she makes me flutter like a schoolboy who peed in his pants, just by watching her advertisements.  She's totally my cup of tea, coffee or any other known beverage in this world.  But oh, my heart broke when she got married, not that I was that devastated, and the guy she married was not that bad, so at least he's a good looking guy, rather than some ugly bloke like me! LOL...

So anyway, enough of girl talk.  My day didn't have any particular significant event worth mentioning.  It's just another day at work...  And tomorrow continues on...  So until then ladies and gentlemen, take care, be safe and Adios!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises