Miss me? Part 2

So where was I?

Oh yes, Thursday...

Okay, I woke up at 5 a.m, left home by 5.45 a.m and nearly missed my flight offshore due to traffic cause by a landslide at Tunggulian en-route to Anduki Airport.  And by 8.45 a.m. I was already onsite offshore.  But there were a little logistical problems, I was the only one being able to secure a daily trip seat on the chopper as the rest of my crew was not able to get a seat.  Well that's half of the truth, they did get a seat but not a seat back to onshore, thus their trip to offshore in the first place were not secured and cancelled.

The day just sort of skipped by, I signed a few documentations for my Senior Inspector and then, solved some more logistic problems and I later I found out that, we were given for bedding priority, and it all changed, what this indicate, is that, my four days daily tripping will be cancelled and we will be staying offshore as usual the next day.  This means that Thursday night itself will be the last night for me and my crew to stay onshore.  But before going home, my MatCo, Aidee called me up to ask about the daily tripping arrangement.  I had to ruin their mini holiday by saying that the next day will be staying for the night offshore.  We had earlier planned to go to the Capital to bring him for sight seeing on the weekend.  Aidee has been in Brunei for almost a couple of month but had never seen Brunei, he's only been in KB working, he has no transport, thus he stayed put at his staff house most of the time.  Me, being a pro-Bruneian, I volunteer to 'introduce' Brunei and doing my part as a good Bruneian citizen.  It is my duty to Brunei to show this country of peace.  So anyway, since that night will be our last night onshore, the sight seeing must be done.  I picked him up from his staff house to drove to Capital, Bandar Seri Begawan.

 Aidee and myself enjoying a cup of coffee at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf in Bandar Seri Begawan.

Aidee stayed over at my housemate's for a night, the picture above was captured thanks to Redz, Aidee is from Terengganu, Malaysia.  Great great, nice guy, funny guy.  It was raining, so sight seeing was only done in the car, I showed him Bandar, Gadong, Kuilap, the Kampong Air, Jerudong and Berakas.  My car did quite a mileage, but it was all worthed.  We had dinner at TPH in Batu Besurat, stopped over in Gadong, and at The Mall.  We ended up the trip by going to Coffee Bean, Bandar, for a quick coffee with Redz.  And then we call it a night.  

Aidee has never met my housemate that night, so when we came back from Coffee Bean, my housemate happened to be in.  Surprisingly, they're all got acquainted  really well, introduced Aidee to Milo, Mia and Rusty (they're the cats!)  The next day it was an early trip to Anduki Airport.  Left home by 6 a.m. Left my car for my 'brother' to pick it up.  Then, when we arrived offshore at about 9 a.m.  It was all business back again.

Friday was just another day.  There were a lot of meetings to determine the start of the shutdown.  But I wasn't in any of them.  By the way, today, Saturday, we had a total shutdown.  Total shutdown means, everything is shut off for six hours.  And during this time, important scope will be done under six hours.  Basically these equipments that work is being done on them, means every year, the equipment works 24/7, 365 days and only six hours to turn it off.  After that, it will be partial shutdown.  So other work will continue for the rest of the ten days into the Ramadhan period.

So that was it.  It is quite a post isn't it?  Nothing much in particular, but I had a great time spending a mini holiday back onshore.  I manage to do a lot of things, but then again, I had few errands outstanding, which is to have a massage and to cut my hair.  I'm hating my side burns right now, it's too long, which makes me feel like a lion and covers my beautiful bling-bling earring.  Today was quite relaxing.  My crew went to outstation platforms to perform the Total Shutdown scope.  So Aidee and I were left with nothing much to do, including our welders and markers.  

So there's nothing much left to say...  So, until then, take care, be safe and Adios!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises