A day of Breakdowns

Hey, hey, I'm back onshore!

The journey back was torture.  I woke up at exactly 6.15 a.m which is the standby time, so I was  rushing like mad, I woke up, brushed my teeth, washed my face and started packing like crazy.  Then, when I went to check things in, oh my standby time is actually 6.45 a.m.  So I kept my bags ready for check in and had coffee and ciggy first.  

Not long, there was announcement for a video safety briefing which is mandatory each time each passenger boards a chopper.  That means, in less than 30 minutes, we will be able to board the chopper.  

Then the sound we all have been waiting for, first we need to wait for the passengers onboard to disembark and then it will be our turn to board.  The passengers have left the chopper, passed by us, and we were waiting for the green light for us to board.  Five minutes have passed.  No, still nothing.  Then from our we notice the sound of the helicopter motor, it was starting to whine down, starting to slow down...  Oh damn it!  I thought.  

Yup, chopper's down and could not take off.  What options do we have?  Going back via boat.  It will take us about 3 hours to return back onshore.  I dreaded that option, but it that's have the only option we're left it.  After waiting a while, yup it was confirm, we're going by boat home.  So we got our gear on, helmet, life vest/jacket and boots are back on.  Then there were some rumours that we actually can still fly, by using a different helideck.  So we went by boat using a different deck then, to cut things short, we flew in the end.  

When I arrived, my 'brother' Sulaiman picked me up using my car and we had lunch, I left my mobile in my car, and it has never been turned on when I was away offshore.  When I turned it on, it was okay, until to a point where you phone actually turn to 'sleep' to save battery energy.  My phone actually turned off to sleep and could not be restarted.  It was so frustrating.  Another breakdown I thought.  So I sent it of back to QQeStore and they were happy to sort it out for me, and the best thing with QQeStore is, I don't have a phone left on me, but they are happy to borrow one for me.  Isn't that nice!?

I am going to be lonely for this this week.  Almost all of my friends will be away for a week holiday to Bangkok.  I'm going to be by myself.  I think I need this anyway.  A time to reflect on my life.  I have done a lot of reflection about my life, my career and my future.  Sometimes it feels and looks bleak.  Like my life doesn't really have a ending.  I mean, sometimes people can see where there are in the future, they imagine being successful or not, or happily married or not, or having children or not, etc...  But I guess, I can only see perhaps till the end of this year.  Hopefully, my house will be fully constructed by then.

So anyway, as Redz put it "Smile about it".  So I am.  Until then, I know it's not much of a post, but there's nothing much to talk about...  Adios


----------- Actually I have written this for Tuesday and Wednesday  but didn't have the mood to publish it, been having a writer's block...  No mood to write.... ------------------------------------

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises