Heart or Soul?

Last night, when I was hanging out with Yoy, I stepped outside to the outside corner of the cafe to have a smoke, yes, I know it is against the law, but would you like to go home and then come back to smoke?  That's plain silly. 

So anyway, someone joined me to smoke, and we talked and talked about the new smoking law and how much it sucks!  He then asked me a deep question, which is, "Between the heart and the soul, which do you think is most important?"  It took me by surprise.  And I thought about it, I think the heart is much more important than the soul.  Why?  Because the heart comes first than the soul.  And with the existence of the soul, it complements the heart.  You can break a heart but not someone's soul and spirit, but actually you can break the soul is much harder to break.  But that contradicts to what I have been saying.  What I meant was, the heart persevere much better than the heart.  The heart has flexibility, it forms an interest and that is where the soul is born.  

In short, the heart gives life to the soul and the soul will then complement the heart to be much tougher than what it was...  Am I making sense?  Then my new acquaintance asked again, "I think the soul is much more important, because it is hard to break, it persevere much better than the heart, don't you think?  It is the spirit, it is the core of someone, it is what they stand for and who they really are, don't you think?"  I agree, the heart will be something that exist first, say if you love cars and have high interest of cars, then you have a heart for it, then you soul will born, and you'd be a motor head.  Right?  

I suppose it is a chicken and egg situation.  It all depends how you look at it.  Is it in the sense of one's heart or soul or their projection to something or someone.  He also asked me another question of what would I do, if friends turn to lovers.  I told him my life principles with reference to that, "Regret the things that you didn't do, not the one you did".  So I told him to go ahead, give it a try it maybe the best thing you'd ever get in his life.  Then, he told me that he can't accept it.  He has no feelings whatsoever.  So I told him, to turn it down if he can foresee that there will be no future at all in the relationship.  He felt a little confused, because apparently the friend is persistent and still hopeful about friendship turning lovers.

I told him, by experience that, he must not give any hopes at all about the transition of the relationship.  And be persistent about staying as friends or threaten the friendship itself.  He has thought of it as well, but he thinks that he can't live without his friend as well.  So being not without his friend, breaks him as well.

I didn't know what to say to that...  We then shared about family and stuff.  I suppose, if you're an avid reader of my blog, you would know my situation with my family.  He asked what would I do if my family backstabbed me...  Told him another of my life principles, that I forgive but I never forget.  Thus which is what I am doing with my family, that I keep distant from them...  I am not angry with them anymore, I am not mad, but I chose to keep my distance from them, only looking out for them every now and again...

Wow, turns out to be quite a post huh?  Anyway, I would like to know from you, which is more important for you, the heart or the soul?  Until then Adios!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises