Isn't it Weird?

Why is that sometimes that people add you in their friendster or facebook or even, their MSN, and then, they become anonymous with you?  Playing mind games...  being mysterious and never answering your question...

Is it not the point of doing so is to make friends?  I suppose and this is my view of it, that when you added someone, you are genuine to make friends or cyber friends, but the main thing is authenticity of your intentions are clear, to make friends.  But I've been getting added in their MSN recently and when I wanted to know who they are, but instead they play this childish mind game.  And if you know me, I've grown out of these petty mind games, thanks to age and experience.  Thank god for there's block and delete.

But I can't help but wonder about this.  Why would one do such a thing?  It is annoying, it has no value what-so-ever and it will embarrass yourself.  Imagine, if I finally found out who this anonymous 'secret' person is, then, I will look at him or her, and I would have a lower opinion of them.  Isn't it sad?  But anyhow, as I mention previously, I'm done with this kind of mind games, thus it's just block and delete.  Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.  To me it's just plain sad, I feel much more sorry for them rather than annoyed.

Another thing, and I'm going to sound like a jealous bastard, that people added you or I must admit I added them too, for just the sake of adding (perhaps they look cool or pretty), or (I say this for myself) perhaps feeling sad that you don't have enough 'friends' in your friendster or facebook. So I wonder what additional values can you come up with this?  Perhaps if that 'friend' is from overseas, that you might probably visit them, and get to know them and perhaps be more than just a cyber friend i.e. a real friend.  But if you're not going to be doing as above, doesn't it defeats the value of the such networking websites.  But then again, collecting up to thousands of friends and have no plans or intention to meet them.  It will be one of those things that probably makes you go "Hmm, what the hell am I doing?".  

Some also use these kind of networking websites to find love.  Believe me it does happen.  I met my baby via Friendster.  And coming two years now, we're still good friends (the least), so your "the one" could be out there.  But say, in freaking Trinidad and Tobago, or other countries that would be the least likely you would visit, it is hard to find such relation to become lovers as such, but it does happen though.  But then again, I suppose we're all hoping that perhaps one day, by going through many people, and adding as many network as we could, that it would much easier for you and your future lover, wife or husband, to find you.  If there's any value to it, that would be it.

So anyway, as I was saying earlier in this post.  What pisses me off is adding you in their MSN and in summary, they annoy you...  What is the point?  But anyway, you're always in control.  I suppose in addition to this issue, I suppose that is why people become Anonymous in their profile/s.  To avoid creeps like this from cropping up in your life.  But then again, that creep could be your future.  But despite that, I'm quite open about my profile, hey, I'm no criminal!  Why should I worry?  Identity copiers?  Well as long as they don't copy my credit card details and other important documents, that'll be fine, hey, who knows, some kind people out there are willing to pay for my bills eh?  In your dreams!  Hmm, seems like I'm running in circles with this, so what do you think?

Anyway, add me as you may, block and delete is my ace in my sleeve (hey it rhymes!)  Until then, Adios peeps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises